Community Sport and Health Officer Level 3 Apprenticeship at BZ Bodies
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Community Sport and Health Officer Level 3 Apprenticeship
We are looking for an ambitious person to help us deliver an innovative project with Young people across Hertfordshire, and to support the delivery of our health and wellbeing, behaviour change services.
You will be part of a dynamic team who deliver 1-1 and group services to support families. This involves working with our Nutrition and wellbeing teams to develop a family plan to change habits, increase physical activity, and help them to access support from BeeZee Bodies and relevant partner organisations. The aim of this role is to help empower families to change behaviour and be the healthiest and happiest versions of themselves.
What you will do if you get the job?
- Support the team in delivering the Young People’s Pilot (name to be decided – perhaps by you)
- Empower children, young people and families from inactive and hard to reach populations to change their behaviours by adopting a healthier lifestyle
- Use different social media platforms to attract target community groups (with the support of our marketing team)
- Help coordinate the Young People’s Pilot to ensure that we involve young people in the design and implementation of any campaigns or services we develop together
- Help build partnerships with stakeholders and other related organisations
- Support the nutrition team with our award-winning healthy lifestyle/weight management programmes where required
- Co-ordinate and book venues and sport coaches for various events and interventions
- Support families by referring and signposting to local services, events and activities
- Contribute towards a positive working environment to help the team thrive and innovate and use new ideas (a good sense of humour is a must)
- Input data and manage caseload of families using our online data system
- Build an ‘asset map’ detailing the support available to families to lead healthy lifestyles
Training to be provided
- Community Sport and Health Officer
This training programme focuses on the impacts of community engagement, wellbeing and the positive effects of physical education.
The qualification aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Planning and preparation of physical education sessions
- Teaching and coaching methods
- Coaching and techniques
All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process. During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement.
Our employability team will also be there to support with interview skills ready for a placement interview.
- Someone with volunteering experience or who is ‘community-minded’
- An interest in health and wellbeing
- Experience using a variety of social media platforms
- Experience of working with, children/families and parents
- Excellent verbal and written and communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills to manage and prioritise workload, anticipate needs and work on own initiative and as part of a high functioning team
- Competent IT skills, or willingness to learn
- A positive attitude to work and act as a role model within the local community
- A non-judgmental, sensitive approach to working with and motivating our service users
- Confident, self motivated, passionate, flexible, adaptable and creative
For Level 3 Community and Sport Officer – Grades A*-C (9-4) or equivalent in maths and English is essential (if you don’t have maths and English you can be supported to attain it)
Possible full-time position.
Things to consider
Be Real: We are genuine, authentic, transparent, and have integrity
Be Passionate: We are who we are and won't hide our passion for what we do
Be Innovative: We are creative and love to explore new ideas
Be Empowering: We are supportive and help people to make great choices
Be Courageous: We are brave and bold and live the values we believe in
About BZ Bodies
We are your dedicated team of nutritionists and behaviour change experts, here to help you make real, long lasting changes towards a healthier lifestyle. We run weight management and healthy lifestyles programmes for adults and families in Brighton & Hove, Hertfordshire and Gloucestershire.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.