Groundworker Level 2 Apprenticeship - Hackney at Erith Contractors Limited
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Groundworker Level 2 Apprenticeship - Hackney
As Erith Contractors continues to grow and establish themselves within the construction industry, we are looking for an enthusiastic, driven Groundworker Apprentice. As a Groundworker, you will be working as part of the team or 'gang', who carry out the very first work on a construction site. You will be responsible for preparing the site so that the major construction works can begin. You will be involved in Basement, Concrete and Core works in Paddington or Piccadilly, London.
As an Erith Contractors Apprentice your role is as a trainee Groundworker, however, we expect you to:
- Enrol on a Government registered Groundworker Apprenticeship standard with Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College
- To work and train under the direction, guidance and supervision of an experienced Construction Manager
- To represent Erith Contractors with respect and professionalism
- Positively and actively participate in all aspects of your learning, training and skills gained
- Treat your colleagues, mentors and managers with respect
- Take responsibility for yourself and others regarding safe working and Health & Safety standards and practices
- To represent Erith Contractors at skill shows and other events
Training to be provided
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours of the Groundworker Apprenticeship Standard. NVQ diploma in Construction Operations.
To be suitable for this role you will need to be willing to learn the following essential skills:
- Working with a ‘Gang’ to prepare site prior to laying concrete foundations
- Working with Setting out Engineers, levelling off areas for concrete slab installation
- Breaking down existing piles and concrete
- Working around large excavators and providing dust suppression
This is a physical role which will involve working outside throughout the year, you’ll be working in a noisy, busy environment close to machinery. Key is a willingness to listen and a desire to learn.
It is expected that applicants will hold a minimum of level 1 qualification in English Language & maths. Candidates will also be required to undertake a BKSB skills assessment and reach a minimum of L1 in each of these areas.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to be offered a full-time position. This will be reviewed at the end of your apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The following criteria is desirable
- CSCS Card
- To be able to work confidently on your own, or as part of a team
- Knowledge of health and safety issues and are willing to learn new skills
- To be able to understand instructions and carry them out reliably and efficiently
Please ensure you add your Maths and English skill level in order to be considered for this apprenticeship. You also need to email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 working days of submitting your application. The file should be named with your full name and followed by the name of the employer your application relates to.
About Erith Contractors Limited
The Erith Group is a family run, employee owned trust, founded in 1967 by Tom Darsey. The company’s ethos then, as it is today, is one of quality of service and client satisfaction. Since its formation the company has grown to form a Group comprising: Erith Holdings Ltd; Erith Contractors Ltd; Erith Haulage Ltd; Erith Plant Services; Erith Training Services and Swanton Consulting Ltd.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.