Engineering Fitter (Mechanical) Level 3 Apprenticeship - Rotherham at BOC
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Engineering Fitter (Mechanical) Level 3 Apprenticeship - Rotherham
- Work from Engineering drawings, data and documentation in order to undertake the manufacture, testing, commissioning, fault diagnosis, maintenance, overhaul and removal of mechanical and fluid power equipment
- Utilise common and specialist machine and hand tools and a variety of measuring and diagnostic equipment and processes to ensure individual components and assemblies meet the required specification
- Comply with industry Health, Safety and Environment working practices and regulations
Training to be provided
You will benefit from a fully structured apprenticeship programme with on and off the job training through a combination of academic and vocational skill development. You will get a recognised Level 3 qualification with the opportunity to be supported through Higher Education to obtain a Level 4 upon successful completion equivalent to A Levels & HNC. On the job mentoring and coaching from highly skilled professionals as well as off the job training at a local education establishment to develop the knowledge and theory to enable you to apply your skills in the workplace. The opportunity to contribute to local Community Projects - helping to improve the lives of others and to become part of the early talent community within BOC and act as an education ambassador working with local schools to inspire students and their teachers to support the STEM sector.
- Good communication skills, literacy and numeracy
- An ability to form good working relationships within a team environment
- Reliability and good timekeeping skills
- Able to work on initiative and as part of a team
- A passion to succeed
- You must have a high level of personal integrity
- Enthusiasm and motivation
- An interest in Engineering
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade 4/C or National 4 at Bands A-C (or equivalent) including Mathematics, English and a Science.
Progression to Level 4 HNC in Engineering.
Things to consider
- You will receive a competitive salary, up to 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), and a company pension scheme
- You will have the opportunity to build a career within the STEM sector and receive on the job mentoring and coaching from highly skilled professionals. Offering you an apprenticeship that combines work with the opportunity to train and obtain qualifications. It’s a paid position, so you earn while you learn!
BOC Limited, a Linde company, is known as a world leader in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated sales of USD 28 billion (EUR 25 billion) in 2019. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, BOC employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.