Boatbuilder Level 3 Apprenticeship at Maguire Boats Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Boatbuilder Level 3 Apprenticeship
This 4 year apprenticeship will provide a unique opportunity for the Apprentice to learn all aspects of build within the business.
You will learn:
- To build light weight carbon composite boats and foils
- Product specific technical training - e.g. laminating and GRP
- To understand design plans, manufacture for plug and mould design
- Maintenance and repair
- Lean manufacturing
Training to be provided
Training to be provided:
- Advanced Level Boatbuilder Apprenticeship Standard
- City & Guilds Level 3 Foundation Development Diploma in Boatbuilding Specific product training - carbon layup/GRP/laminating
- All completed apprentices will be eligible to apply to be a member of EngTech (regulatory body for the UK engineering profession)
- Training will be part of the contracted hours agreed that makes up the working week
- The successful candidate will undertake an apprenticeship including both on and off the job training
- The college training will be carried out by Brockenhurst College at the Marchwood Construction and Marine Technologies Unit on a day release basis
- Strong attention to detail
- Good practical skills
- Manual dexterity
- Thorough and precise
- Some evidence of working with various materials (desirable)
- Interest in competitive sailing (desirable)
- Interest in engineering of high-performance sport equipment - e.g. sailing, F1 etc (desirable)
- Able to follow instruction with precision
- Able to retain and learn new skills
- Want to work within performance sailing arena
- Committed to completing an apprenticeship
GCSE grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English and maths, along with a science, plus additional 3 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent).
Maguire Boats are a successful and growing boat manufacturing business. We are looking to maintain, develop and grow our workforce in line with the business need.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About Maguire Boats Ltd
Welcome to Maguire Boats Maguire Boats is an innovative boat design and manufacturing business, specialising in the production of composite products for the marine industry.
At Maguire Boats we undertake a range of projects from small carbon components to complete boats and also non marine composite structures.
Our aim is to provide a unique and professional service, while working to a high standard to meet your design brief.
We specialise in the International Moth, our boats are being raced Worldwide by Olympic and Americas Cup sailors.
The best sailors need the best boat and we provide that for them.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.