Retail Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship - Selby at Farmfoods
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Retail Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship - Selby
Apprentice Supervisors are hard-working and friendly people. As a junior member of management, you are responsible for the efficiency of your shop and you’ll do a bit of everything. From serving customers on the till, to keeping shelves and freezers full, to organising other team members, you are a friendly person who is looking to take that next step towards a retail management role.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- To be trustworthy and reliable as you will be an important part of a small team
- Promote a positive impression of yourself and Farmfoods to the customer
- To work quickly and make every minute of your shift productive
- To be friendly and helpful when supporting customers with their shopping
- To replenish stock, ensuring compliance to Farmfoods quality standards and food hygiene standards
- To engage with all training and work hard to build knowledge, experience, and drive your own development
- To be a team player, to motivate yourself and others around you
- Open and close the shop, handle cash, place orders and support your manager in developing other team members
- Be an important part of the management team and support your manager in leading the team to run an efficient shop and provide a great service to our customers
- Work to minimise waste and promote health and safety at all times
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Retail Team Leader Standard
- Functional Skills at Level 2 English & maths (If required)
- 20% Off the Job Training
- The successful candidate will have excellent 'people' skills
- Be a good communicator
- Be able to build strong working relationships with your colleagues and customers
The ability to take responsibility for your working day, pushing both yourself and your team to succeed and smile every step of the way.
Grades aren't everything! We are looking for people who are driven and keen to succeed in a junior management role.
There are lots of career opportunities at Farmfoods and we love developing our people.
We encourage internal promotion and only promote to Shop Manager roles from within. Once bitten by the retail bug, candidates who show real drive and enthusiasm will be on course for an Assistant Manager role and could find themselves building a long career with us!
Things to consider
Retail involves working shifts which will vary each week. Please do not apply unless you are prepared to work weekends, early mornings, and evenings.
Farmfoods, a Scottish family business, has served Great Britain for over 60 years. From a butcher shop in Aberdeen we have grown to more than 300 shops and four distribution centres nationwide. We work hard to bring you the best value on the food your family enjoys and on the household essentials your family needs.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.