Human Resources Support Level 3 Apprenticeship at Durham County Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Human Resources Support Level 3 Apprenticeship
The People and Talent Management Team provide a professional Human Resources (HR) service including council wide organisational development and workforce development; HR advice and support to employees, managers and schools; workforce strategy including culture change, leadership and HR initiatives; working with recognised Trade Unions on behalf of the council; and the council’s apprenticeship programme.
You will develop an up to date knowledge of Human Resources (HR) policies and procedures and an understanding of HR/employment legislation to answer queries and give appropriate advice to employees, managers and schools, provide support with HR projects including research and data collection and workforce learning and development initiatives including the organisation of training.
To learn and be given training in the required skills and responsibilities over the term of the apprenticeship to then be able to undertake the full range of duties listed below:
- To study and achieve the HR Support Standard Level 3 during the duration of the apprenticeship
- Developing an up to date knowledge of Human Resources (HR) policies and procedures to answer queries and give appropriate advice to employees, managers and schools
- Developing an understanding of HR/Employment legislation and provide advice in line with the legislation
- Providing support with workforce learning and development initiatives
- Assisting with the organisation of training
- Assisting with the delivery of HR projects including research and data collection
- Maintaining HR records and systems
- Being actively involved in continuous improvement projects, team meetings and training as required
- Producing/analysing information and preparing presentation materials
- Working within current Data Protection requirements, Information Sharing protocols and guidelines
Training to be provided
To study and achieve the HR Support Standard Level 3 during the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and identify tasks within the remit of the post
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- A willingness to listen and learn
- Ability to relate well to people
- A desire for further personal and professional development
- Flexible approach to working across teams
- Positive ‘can do’ approach
- Be able to maintain confidentiality
- Either have or expect to achieve 4 GCSE’s grades A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 in literacy and numeracy (or equivalent)
- Ability to achieve the Level 3 HR Support during the duration of the apprenticeship
Possibility of progression.
Things to consider
Your normal place of work will be County Hall, but you may be required to work at any Council workplace within County Durham.
About Durham County Council
Durham County Council is made up of an elected assembly of 126 councillors accountable to almost 500,000 people in County Durham. We are responsible for providing a wide range of public services to the people of the county. We also represent and promote the interests of County Durham when dealing with regional, national and international affairs. Through effective local government, Durham County Council allows local people to look after their own affairs and to decide how and where money is best spent in their area.
Our powers and responsibilities are determined by Parliament with county council elections held every four years.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.