Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship - Knaresborough
The objective of Saks Hair is to attract and maintain gifted hair stylists to complement the existing highly trained team.
Full training will be given, which will lead to gaining a Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals.
- Answering telephone enquiries
- Greeting customers
- Assisting stylists
- Shampooing and general salon duties
Training to be provided
- Training to be provided in salon and Level 2 training in Hairdressing delivered on site by Saks Education
- The Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing includes: consultation, shampoo/condition and treating the hair, cutting hair using a range of techniques, style and finish and colouring and lightening hair
- No experience required as full training will be given
- Must have good customer service skills and be of smart appearance as this is a customer facing role
- Duties involve assisting the stylists, keeping the salon tidy plus all other associated duties as required
- Hard working
- Eager to learn and must have a keen interest in Hairdressing
No formal qualifications required.
To gain a Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing with possible progression onto a Level 3 in Hairdressing.
Things to consider
As an apprentice you are required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week and receive a minimum of 20% of your working hours in off the job training.
As you come to the end of your Hairdressing Apprenticeship you will be required to carry out an independent end test which you will need to pass to complete your qualification. The end test (also known as a trade test) includes a six hour practical exam of two models to include:
- Shampooing condition and a treatment
- One creative re style cut
- One blow dry
- A hair up
- One setting technique
- A colour and lightening technique which must include a minimum of a T section highlights
- One other colouring technique
About Saks Hair & Beauty
Opened in 2017 by Andrea Moore, our glitzy Knaresborough hair salon is perfectly located at 30b High Street. Lots of all day parking right nearby so you’ll have no excuse not to pop in and meet our Saks hair team!
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.