User Experience Degree Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will have the opportunity to gain experience across Performance Marketing and Strategic Consultancy (Design Sprint Workshops)
- How to work and apply yourself in a professional environment, on the phone, face to face and in agency and client meetings
- Thrives in a flexible environment and can work both individually and collaboratively in any location
- Analyse data and provide insight and recommendations
- User Insight, Personas, and Interviews
Responsible for the UX design within a multi-skilled pod, for example this can cover:
- Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) e.g. eCommerce and Lead Generation Websites
- Website design and UX
- eCommerce Checkout UX
- Banner UX
- Email UX
- Social media banners and posts UX
- User journey analysis and recommendations
- Product design prototyping and UX
- Perform A/B Testing
Working alongside other specialists in a pod structure, these other specialists include - Paid, SEO, Outreach/Social, Content, Data Analysis, Developers and Workshop Facilitators
Training to be provided
The Digital User Experience Degree Apprenticeship will be delivered in a block attendance model of 'learning sprints' at the University, reflecting industry practice. There will be six learning sprints per year, each four days long, giving a total of 24 days of face-to-face teaching per annum.
This course will be based initially in the new Arts and Humanities building, before being permanently homed in the innovative School of Digital Art (SODA) which opens in 2021.
On this four-year programme you will learn to investigate, analyse, and design the experience that people have with digital products and services, both current and emerging. Apprentices will find ways that these interactions can be implemented, improved, and optimised over time. As you will also be working full-time, you can put your skills straight into practice.
Candidates need to be good communicators - both listening and speaking.
An existing knowledge of digital and/or UX design isn’t necessary but the candidate must be able to demonstrate their genuine interest in websites, apps, digital and the world of online. This can come in any form - whether it’s a website you tried to develop or an internship you decided to spend your summer doing
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is genuinely interested in digital design and user experience
- Wants to carve out a career in a forward thinking, ambitious and growing agency
- Is proactive in all aspects of work - a genuine self-starter
- Is flexible, open, and enthusiastic - a true team player
- Has self-confidence and good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues and our clients
- Is a strong communicator and listener
- Is willing to try new ideas, be brave and learn from their successes and failures
- Is happy to muck in and get stuck in, no matter how big or small the task
Is thorough with a good attention to details, always strives to improve and is able to maintain high quality standards
MMU’s minimum qualification criteria is 104 points at A2 (Grades BCC) or an equivalent e.g. BTEC DMM).
We offer a flexible working environment and trust our team to have the maturity and commitment to the business to work where they need based on your objectives and priorities. This means we have a team that is comfortable working in the office or at home and can thrive in a flexible environment that encourages collaboration using the tools we have available whether in the same location or not.
Being aligned to our core values is vital and we recruit heavily against this. You will be required to take our workplace analysis test that looks at your personality so we can judge fit with the role, team, and our values.
WilsonCooke is an independent brand, digital and marketing agency based in Manchester city centre
We’re well established and have been in business for over 25 years, taking care of numerous B2B and B2C clients. We have just moved to a fantastic new office, opposite the MMU John Dalton buildings, and we have huge growth ambitions
Our mission is to unite the very best people, creating a brave agency that delivers meaningful brand experiences by fusing strategy, creativity and technology using a true agile approach
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.