Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship at Church Street Dental Practice
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship
Key role ad responsibilities
- Become knowledgeable in all clinical domains, e.g. routine dentistry, orthodontics, oral hygiene, implants, Invisalign, oral surgery, endodontics etc.
- Be punctual, be smart and neat in your appearance as per the professional role that you hold.
- Be prepared to ask questions and ask for help
- Carry out induction training including medical emergencies and health & safety
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy, and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions.
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order.
- Report faults, breakages, and damage to equipment
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment and materials are available
- Unpack and log deliveries.
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc.
- Develop and file radiographs.
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received, and fitted.
- Check lab work is ready for the following day before the end of each day.
- Keep a record of any stock that needs to be ordered
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Adhere to practice policies, and all shut down procedures. Including the switching off of all equipment at the plugs at night times, including computers, computer screens, printers, radios, I pod docking stations. All lights should be switched off when a room is empty or not being used.
Training to be provided
You will be supported by our team of qualified assessors in gaining the Dental Nursing standard and the Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing. You will be guided through the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to work as a Dental Nurse and upon completion, you can register with the General Dental Council as a qualified Dental Nurse.
If not previously achieved, you will also work towards gaining a Level 2 functional skill in both math and English.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A good communicator
- Able to prioritise their workload
Our ideal candidate is:
We would like candidates to have previously achieved maths and English at either GCSE or functional skills L2.
We are hopeful that following a successful apprenticeship, we will be welcome the apprentice into the team as a permanent member of staff.
About Church Street Dental Practice
Here at Church Street Dental Centre we provide more than just routine dentistry. We do enjoy our preventative dentistry and helping you improve your oral hygiene, but we can offer so much more than that. Our team are highly qualified and experienced to be able to provide you with more. We are delighted to be able to offer tooth whitening, dental implants, conventional orthodontics, Invisalign, superb Hygienist service, facial aesthetics including Botox, dermal fillers, chemical peels and Dermaroller.
Our 3 surgeries are modern, up-to-date and air conditioned in a Grade 2* listed building with bags of character.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.