Web Developer Apprenticeship
We are looking for enthusiastic web developers who are keen to learn and add to their existing web development skills. They will learn how web development in a workplace environment.
This is an incredible opportunity to learn the fundamental skills necessary to start a career in web development.
Training is provided by highly skilled professional web developers who will equip you with the knowledge and experience to fast track your way to becoming a web developer. Everything you learn during the training sessions will be absolutely current and directly applicable to your work. Online training is provided to very quickly teach you the foundational languages of web development. Throughout the apprenticeship placement you will learn more languages and begin to specialise in your chosen area.
In the workplace you will be designated a Mentor - an experienced web developer who will be responsible for your learning at work. Group training will also be provided with other web development apprentices and we use slack (industry standard messaging app) to keep in touch with all the apprentices, mentors, trainers and past apprentices across the country. At various points in the year groups of apprentices will get together for residential field trips, for example a conference, hackathon or group training or team building.
Your duties will include:
- Attend discovery and planning meetings to help the team decide what to build
- Attend and input into development team meetings
- Assist the support team with assigning support tickets and keeping clients informed of progress, completing tickets as skills improve
- Assist the QA team with automated and manual testing of websites and applications
- Content administration – Use CMS interface to create and update content on client sites
- Site Administration - Use CMS interface to create and administer different types of content, lists of content, tags, users, displays and templates
In a Web Development Apprenticeship position, you will join a team of ambitious and passionate developers to learn and contribute to projects for renowned clients. This is an excellent route into a great career. You will be learning current, marketable skills on the job and in training. You will receive practical, no-holds-barred mentoring in how to build sites by a team of influential, world-class, industry experts, learning from a supportive team who will help you to become a better more rounded developer.
Training to be provided
Software Developer Higher Apprenticeship Standard:
- Training is provided through The Coders Guild Ltd, an industry rated, award-winning training provider. The training and curriculum is overseen by, and delivered by our team of industry experts
- Training will be a mixture of classroom sessions and online learning where appropriate. We also advocate challenge-based learning - setting problems to be solved through code
- Wherever possible training is learner-led, we seek to make learning an enjoyable and involving experience. We are keen to help and support young people to get a kick start in their web development career
- This apprenticeship is designed to train someone to become a junior Web Developer in 18 months
- Developing core skills is also extremely important, group training will often focus on teamwork and improving abilities around problem solving, prioritisation, estimation - skills we have identified that make a good web developer
- We are looking for someone who shows a real interest in web development and an enthusiasm for learning new things
- Someone who uses a range of learning resources to develop new skills, such as online, books or trial and error
- You will definitely need to enjoy learning and exploring, as there’s always something new to master in this industry and everything changes pretty fast. Web development is not just about code, you will need to be able to communicate well with your team and maybe clients too
- You’ll also need to be reliable and have a can do approach to your workload
- Asking questions is often key to developing new skills quickly but you will also be required to research and learn things by yourself
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills
- You will need to be punctual, reliable, honest and have a strong work ethic
- You must be able to work as part of a team and contribute to team meetings, but also able to work on your own to targets and deadlines
- Ideally 5 A*-C / 9-4 GCSEs (or equivalents) including maths, English and ICT
- But even if you don't not have these qualifications, if you can display passion and enthusiasm for developing and coding with examples of projects you have completed or are working on and feel you fulfil the personal qualities we are looking for, we would love you to still apply
- We are looking to take someone on a permanent basis, so if you do well in this apprenticeship you will be offered a permanent position
- If it’s not for you then eighteen months experience and training should give you the level of skills required to seek another position as a Junior Web Developer
Things to consider
- Interviews may be held online/by phone in line with current government guidelines on social distancing
About Bopgun Design Ltd
Bopgun Designs Ltd are a creative agency passionate about delivering meaningful and lasting results for our clients by improving the experience of their customers.
From initial brand awareness to navigating a website - whatever the stage of the customer journey our philosophy is simple - treat customers how you wish to be treated.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.