Ingredients Technologist Degree Apprenticeship
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- To maintain databases with all supplier approval packs for ingredients including Foods Connected, SharePoint, Technical Data, and the Access Database
- To develop and maintain partnerships with ingredient suppliers through monitoring of standards, giving feedback and advice and, when required, overseeing an action plan to rectify non-conformances and improve standards
- Check, approve and review raw material ingredient suppliers ensuring that they have been approved as per the supplier approval procedures
- Check, approve and review raw material ingredient specifications are agreed and readily available to Cranswick sites
- Liaise with Raw Material Ingredient Suppliers, Cranswick Purchasing and Technical Departments to ensure that raw material is delivered to agreed specifications
Training to be provided
Degree level Food Industry Technical Professional apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- BSc in Food Science and Technology
You’ll be supported through a 3-year learning programme with Sheffield Hallam University, working towards your level 6 Food Industry Technical Professional Degree Apprenticeship.
Over the 3 years, you’ll cover a variety of modules, from food innovation management to food nutrition and chemistry. This’ll all be underpinned by work-based learning projects and on the job training.
This is an incredible opportunity for you to get a real taste for our retail business, as well as gaining a degree qualification, and spring-boarding your career as a food technologist.
- The successful applicant must be computer literate with experience of cloud-based systems and Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills as group technical deal with customers, suppliers, auditors, and various departments within all Cranswick sites
- Experience within the food industry would be advantageous
- Must be organised with good time-management skills, as they will be dealing with various queries from customers and sites across the group
- Ideally, they should hold a full current driving licence, have access to a car and be willing to travel which may require overnight stays
- Be able to work in small team and individually
3 A levels (or equivalent) including a science or Food Technology.
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
The employer is ready to invest in training to develop the skills of the successful candidate. It is a long-term career opportunity.
About Cranswick Country Foods Plc
“Good in equals good out”. The simple mantra that inspired a group of farmers to start Cranswick in 1975, striving for Great British Taste. Their beginnings were humble, but their ambitions were anything but.
In the 1980's, Cranswick moved into food production, bringing one of the first ‘farm to fork’ offerings. Today, we’re one of the largest food producers in Britain, remaining true to our ethos of creating authentically made British food, without compromise.
Through shrewd investment, organic growth, and good old-fashioned Yorkshire pragmatism, we’ve built a business focused on flavour, authentic production and quality.
People are at the heart of our business. We were founded on expertise but we’re also entrepreneurs; seeking out opportunities, supported by a culture where great ideas are allowed to flourish.
Our state-of-the-art production facilities and new product development mean we create innovative and exceptional food experiences that our customers love and trust.
The only way to produce the best is to use the highest quality raw materials, and this starts on our farms. Our farmers have generations of experience behind them. This expertise and knowledge run through everything we do, ensuring provenance and the highest standards of welfare for our pigs and chickens.
At our heart, we remain an agricultural business, deeply connected to the British food and farming industry.
As a British success story, we are proud of our heritage and excited by our future. It takes dedication. That’s the Cranswick way.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.