Early Years Child Care Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship
You will be part of a team working to deliver the Early Years Curriculum, working alongside experienced practitioners.
- Work with mentor on a daily basis to achieve targets and work on personal skills training
- Apprentice Key Worker to two children completing their development profiles alongside your mentor
- Communicating with team and inputting ideas into planning meetings
- Communicating with parents on a daily basis giving feedback on children day in nursery
- Utilising resources to support planning activities for the children
- Helping with self care of children
- Adhering to Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Standards
- Working within Ofsted Guidelines
- Adhering to Safeguarding roles and responsibilities
Training to be provided
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in Maths, English if required
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Good Communicator and listener
- Ability to complete paper records to high standards in an efficient manner
- Flexible approach to working with all ages and support nursery as required
- Reliable and hard working to ensure ratios are met
- Kind and caring nature with lots of patience and empathy
- Motivated and organised
- Team player
- Positive approach to work
GCSE (or equivalent) grade D/3 or above in English and maths.
For the right candidate who shows they have the personal skills and abilities, and the academic ability we would support you through your level 3 and if a position was vacant on qualifying would consider full time employment.
Things to consider
- You need to be very focused and driven in wanting to work with children as it is a very demanding role
- High levels of self motivation are required to complete the many and varied tasks of the day which does involve paperwork, cleaning and tidying up after the children, being outdoors in all weathers and being fun and creative all the times
- Subject to DBS check
- It is planned that the successful candidate will start employment in September 2020. However, this is subject to change
- The typical duration of this Apprenticeship is 12 months but this does not include your End Point Assessment, which will take place at the end of your apprenticeship
About Bowden House Day Nursery Limited
Bowden House nursery is a unique family run day care nursery which was established in 2005, and was graded outstanding by Ofsted in November, 2017. The nursery is in a residential area with its own car park for safe, secure drop offs. For over 10 years we have put lots of time and energy into building close personal relationships with our parents and children in order to provide the best child care and day care education possible. We provide high quality care and education for 0 to 4 year olds.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.