Bricklayer Level 2 Apprenticeship - Tamworth at Redrow
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Bricklayer Level 2 Apprenticeship - Tamworth
You will work with experienced tradesmen of a wide range of disciplines, as well as being supported by your site manager and the Redrow team to complete an industry standard qualification, as well as required functional skills learning.
Typical tasks include:
- Measuring the work area and setting out the first rows (courses) of bricks
- Mixing mortar (cement)
- Laying the bricks on top of each other and applying the mortar with a trowel
- Measuring and cutting bricks to size using hammers, chisels and power tools
- Checking that courses are straight using spirit levels
Training to be provided
- Bricklayer Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- On and off the job training provided
- Coordination and dexterity
- Relevant tool/trade skills if prior experience desirable but training provided throughout apprenticeship
- Attention to detail
- Maths and English GCSE 4/C or above (or equivalent) desirable but not essential as functional skills training is available
- Opportunity to progress to site assistant programme for the best apprentices, leading to site management and further training
- Majority of apprentices who complete qualifications and perform well remain with contractor in full time roles upon completion, others have gone on to start their own firms or successfully subcontract to bigger groups
Things to consider
- You will be required to attend college and complete qualifications as part of your apprenticeship as well as time on site
- Time keeping and attendance are highly important
- Trade apprentices will work outdoors the majority of the year in all weathers
- Physical fitness and commitment are essential
Redrow are one of the most successful house builders in the UK. Over our 40-year history, we have built a unique reputation for quality. As a firm, we pride ourselves on creating beautiful homes that communities love to live in and we apply the same level of care and attention to developing our apprentices and trainees too.
Quality is the cornerstone of our business. So, from the moment you join us, you can be sure of one thing. You’ll be working with – and learning from – the very best. Even if you’re an experienced professional, you’ll learn something new every day. At Redrow, we believe you can never stop improving. That’s why we’ll make a major investment in your training and will encourage you to develop your skills irrespective of your level or experience. You’ll also find we’re a great employer in other regards too.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.