Carpenter Level 2 Apprenticeship - Swanscombe at Redrow
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Carpenter Level 2 Apprenticeship - Swanscombe
You will work with experienced tradesmen of a wide range of disciplines, as well as being supported by your Site Manager and the Redrow team to complete an industry standard qualification, (typically level 2, but we will support level 3 applications if suitable) as well as required functional skills learning.
Typical tasks include:
- Interpreting technical drawings and specifications and understanding how the product fits into a house or building
- Understanding the performance and uses of different types and grades of wood
- Assessing and selecting appropriate wood for the job
- Using hand, power tools, specialist tools and traditional techniques to measure, mark, cut, shape, join, fit, fix finish wood/timber according to the drawings/specifications
- Erect permanent structures such as roofs and walls
- Erect temporary structures such as formwork/shuttering
- Dismantling temporary structures
- Assessing risks and working in a safe manner
Training to be provided
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- On and off the job training provided
- Day or block release at college
- Functional Skills maths and English Level 1 (if relevant GCSEs not obtained)
- Manual dexterity
- Relevant tool/trade skills or prior experience desirable but training provided throughout the apprenticeship
- Attention to detail
Maths and English GCSE, grade 4/C or above (or the equivalent) preferable.
- The opportunity to progress to an advanced apprenticeship, potential for advancement to the trainee site, assistant programme for the best apprentices, leading to site management and further training
- The majority of apprentices who complete qualifications and perform well remain with the contractor in full time roles upon completion, others have gone on to start their own firms or successfully subcontract to bigger groups
Things to consider
- You will be required to attend college and complete qualifications as part of your apprenticeship as well as time on site
- Time keeping and attendance are highly important
- Trade apprentices will work outdoors the majority of the year in all weathers
- The ability to cope with the physical demands of the role and commitment are essential
Redrow are one of the most successful house builders in the UK. Over our 40-year history, we have built a unique reputation for quality. As a firm, we pride ourselves on creating beautiful homes that communities love to live in and we apply the same level of care and attention to developing our apprentices and trainees too.
Quality is the cornerstone of our business. So, from the moment you join us, you can be sure of one thing. You’ll be working with – and learning from – the very best. Even if you’re an experienced professional, you’ll learn something new every day. At Redrow, we believe you can never stop improving. That’s why we’ll make a major investment in your training and will encourage you to develop your skills irrespective of your level or experience. You’ll also find we’re a great employer in other regards too.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.