Butcher Level 2 Apprenticeship at Middle Farm Shop
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Butcher Level 2 Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Weigh, wrap and display cuts of meat
- Learn all cuts of meat, slicing, boning, tying and presenting of meat
- Cut or prepare meats to specification or customer’s orders
- Store meats in refrigerators or freezers at the required temperature
- Keep inventory of meat sales and order meat supplies
- Clean equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards
- Serving our customer
Training to be provided
Training to be provided:
- Level 2 qualification in butchery and modern practices of butchery standard
- Functional Skills (English, maths, and ICT)
- End Point Assessment
- Communication skills
- Interest in food
- Warm friendly manner
- Hard working
Willingness to learn and undertake a Butchery Apprenticeship at Plumpton College.
May lead to permanent contract.
Things to consider
You will be required to travel to the Plumpton College Butchery Training Site on alternate Mondays (every other Monday) to complete your College Apprenticeship Training.
About Middle Farm Shop
Middle Farm is a tenant farm forming part of the Firle Estate owned by the Gage family. The tenancy has remained within the same family for over 50 years, passing down through the generations, diversifying and reflecting changes in the farming industry along the way.
Today the farm is home to the Pookhill herd of Jersey cows who contentedly graze our fields and meadows during spring and summer. The fresh Jersey milk from our dairy herd is available to buy in our farm shop together with delicious Jersey cream and ice cream. Our beef herd enjoy the same high standards of animal welfare and mature slowly on a grass-fed diet, which we believe reflects in the quality of our meat which is sold in the Middle Farm butchery. Arable crops are also grown on the farm and a strong emphasis is placed on the care of our environment and the wildlife within it.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.