Claims Level 3 Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship is aimed at those that have completed A-levels or equivalent studies and will provide a broad understanding of the insurance market. We offer the Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship, which takes 15 months to complete and will lead to the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) qualification.
This programme will develop your knowledge in the claims handling process, insurance broking and insurance underwriting, as well as developing your market knowledge and commercial awareness to prepare you for a career in the insurance industry. In addition to a dedicated supervisor at Kennedys, you will have a tutor and skills coach to ensure that you have all the support you need at work and with your studies. We offer a competitive salary paying at least the UK Living wage, give you the opportunity to earn whilst you learn.
Duties may include:
- Developing a core technical knowledge in Insurance and in particular a key area of practice (i.e. professional indemnity)
- Exposure to international claims (USA, Latin America, Asia, Middle East and Australasia)
- Plays a pivotal role in file administration and ensuring that data is accurately and comprehensively posted onto the claims management system
- Develops the ability to construe insurance policies
- Takes responsibility for managing their own case load and identifies issues requiring escalation at an early stage
- Utilising their investigative skills and insurance knowledge to make sound commercial judgements
- Has the ability to draft reports/referrals to Insurer clients
- Works closely with their supervisor on marketing initiatives
- Real client exposure and the opportunity to raise your profile within the insurance market
Training to be provided
As an Insurance Practitioner Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Insurance Practitioner level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. This apprenticeship is aligned to the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and uses an innovative and flexible approach to demonstrating competency in the workplace. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in the awarding of the CII Certificate (IF1/ IF2 and choice of IF3/ 4/ 10).
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word and Excel
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- 8 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English & Mathematics
- 120 UCAS points (or equivalent)
Once the apprenticeship has been completed, there may be the opportunity to progress onto the Insurance Professional Level 4 Apprenticeship. This takes a further 18 months to complete and will lead to the Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII) qualification.
Kennedys are a global law firm with expertise in dispute resolution and advisory services.
Our lawyers handle both contentious and non-contentious matters, and provide a range of specialist legal services, for many industry sectors, but we have particular expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, especially in defending insurance and liability claims.
At Kennedys we’re here to make a difference for our clients, and each other, every day.
We empower our people to deliver the very best work and reach their full potential. We do this by putting our values centre stage. They define the way that we behave and interact with one another, and they run through every strand of our firm.
Our culture and values are at the core of who we are and what make us a great firm to work with and for, and we take them very seriously. We make a difference by being approachable, straightforward, supportive and distinctive. We deeply value the relationships we build with our clients and we know that they value our warm, friendly human approach.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.