Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship at Hugh J Boswell Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship
Duties may include:
- Providing administrative support to Account Handler departments
- Accurately preparing and issuing documentation
- Data input onto company systems
- Processing Mid Term Adjustments, maintaining database and vehicle notifications to insurers
- Producing insurer cover notes where necessary
- Participation in meetings, both internal and external
- Preparation of reports and market research
- Providing support in dealing with enquiries from clients, insurers and other third parties in a professional and timely manner
- Liaising with insurers and other third parties regarding the administration of client’s insurance needs
- Developing and maintaining relationships both internally and externally
- Providing administrative support to other departments including providing cover for Reception
- General office administration
- To comply with internal and external regulatory requirements
Training to be provided
For the full Apprenticeship, learners will complete:
- Level 3 Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
Apprentices will need to achieve Level 2 English and Maths prior to taking the End Point Assessment.
The End Point Assessment will involve a portfolio of work (including 3 types of evidence) and a reflective discussion.
- Team Working – Co-operates as a willing member of the team, offering assistance and working collaboratively
- Communication skills – Able to communicate clearly and effectively and demonstrate active listening skills, positive questions and enquiry to build effective relationships
- Effective working – Demonstrates attention to detail, appropriate time management and a problem solving approach to all work undertaken
- I.T Skills - Detailed understanding of standard software packages
- Values – Demonstrates awareness of the Company strategy and values of independence, trust, customer commitment, professionalism and innovation
- Drive to excel – Demonstrates motivation and enthusiasm in the role, remaining positive in challenging situations and constantly seeking to bring out the best of themselves
- Personal Accountability – Responsible for own personal development, taking initiative and ownership of learning
- Professionalism – Displaying integrity in actions and approach to work, action in the principle of utmost good faith ensuring customers are treated fairly
- Commitment – Demonstrates commitment to the role and the insurance industry
- Confidentiality – Awareness of need for confidentiality and maintains integrity and discretion at all times
5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or C or above or equivalent, including Maths and English.
- Account Handler role within Aftermarket, Corporate or Commercial team
- Administration Support
Things to consider
- Long periods of working on a computer
- Client facing role therefore may undertake difficult conversations
- Discretionary travel subsidy
- City Centre based – accessible by public transport
- Introducer Program
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Social committee host events throughout the year
- Competitive annual leave
- Flexible annual leave (Buy and sell) Scheme
- Long service awards
- 5-10 mins from bus station
About Hugh J Boswell Ltd
Hugh J Boswell started business as a stockbroker and insurance broker in a single room near the centre of Norwich in 1906 and we are proud of our history and legacy in Norwich and more widely in East Anglia.
We were delighted to have been awarded the CII’s Chartered Broker status in 2015 which reflects our commitment to service and our professional standards.
In December 2019, we became part of the Ethos Broking group, a collection of like-minded brokers that share similar values but retain their own DNA.
The support and investment from Ethos Broking has brought further strength to our business in East Anglia and beyond.
We work closely with all our clients in order to gain a deep understanding of their business issues. This enables us to devise bespoke insurance solutions that deliver true value for money. After all, every business is unique and should have an insurance programme that reflects that.
Over our 110 year history we have gained the skills and expertise to service a wide range of businesses and trades as well as develop innovative products and solutions for specific business sectors. These include leisure and Tourism, Aftermarket, Education and Medical.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.