Apprentice Piling Attendant (Construction) Level 2 Apprenticeship at SkanskaTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Skanska
Apprentice Piling Attendant (Construction) Level 2 Apprenticeship
Piling is the stage of the construction process, whereby the foundations are formed below the ground, to provide support to the structure above this.
Our Cementation operating unit is an internationally recognised specialist and one of the UK’s leading piling and foundation contractors. We are experts in all piling techniques, working on multiple projects from buildings to complex infrastructure such as Crossrail, Battersea Power Station redevelopment, The Gherkin and Heron Tower. We have over 100 years’ of experience and our level of skill extends to all aspects of geotechnical engineering, from micro piling to diaphragm walling.
As a Piling Apprentice, you will be placed on one of our projects, to gain hands on experience, working alongside our knowledgeable Piling teams within the Cementation family. You will also gain a Level 2 qualification. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of building the future skyline of London, and major projects including HS2.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Piling team on-site, develop knowledge and experience in the various techniques in boring and forming piles in the ground
- Learn to guide and control the movement of our specialist plant and machinery, from large diameter piles, capable of several thousand tonne working loads, through to mini-piling and Ground Engineering.
- Operate powered units, tools, machinery and equipment specific to piling operations, e.g. concrete pumps and fluid systems required for Piling
- Attend college to gain a level 2 qualification as a Piling Attendant. It takes 18 months to complete this apprenticeship
What we offer:
- Support and funding to achieve a Level 2 qualification as a Piling Attendant
- Guidance and support from your line manager and the wider team
- A competitive salary
Who you are:
- Must be over 18 to comply with our health and safety regulations
- Flexible with your location as our roles can be located anywhere across the UK
- Strong team player
- Passionate about construction and building for a better society
- Enjoy working outdoors, whatever the weather
- Individuals without Level 1 English and Level 1 Mathematics, will need to achieve this level and take a test for Level 2 English and Level 2 Mathematics prior to taking the end point assessment
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
To start your level 2 qualification while earning and gaining invaluable ‘hands-on’ experience, apply and help us build for a better society.
- Online Application
- Psychometric Testing
- Telephone Interview
- Assessment Centre
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
We believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
At Skanska, we thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.