Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship
If you are a hardworking individual with a passion for food, our award-winning kitchen is the perfect place to work. We pride ourselves in using fresh, local ingredients and we are looking for someone who shares this passion.
Here at Green Tree Court, we prepare and serve all dishes to order. We run our food service like a fine dining restaurant with a full front of house team. Our a la carte 3-3-3 menu changes every day in line with local seasonal produce.
For the right applicant, Green Tree Court is a great start in your career with flexible hours and great opportunities to progress within the company.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation, cooking and attractive presentation of all meals. The majority of dishes will be made in house and home baked products should be available daily for residents and visitors to the home
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained within the kitchen at all times
- Keep stock secure at all times, store appropriately, avoid unnecessary wastage and deterioration of foodstuffs
- Uphold a level expected of their role, in food handling, use all equipment, food storage, personal hygiene, and food preparation serving and keeping the required company records
- Ensure equipment is used appropriately and its designed use. Report any equipment defects and withdraw from use immediately
- Comply with company policy in terms of Food Safety and Health and Safety, completing and storing all records outlined in the Assured Safe Catering policy
- Maintain and implement company procedures and processes as appropriate
*Salary will vary based on experience, prior qualifications and age.
This will be discussed at interview.
Training to be provided
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- Certification of Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (If required)
- Great communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Passionate about food
- Team player
GCSE in English and maths at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent).
Upon successful completion of the Commis Chef Apprenticeship, an opportunity to progress within the kitchen or a full-time position may be available.
Furthermore, you will also be able to progress onto the Level 3 Chef de Partie Apprenticeship.
About Green Tree Court
Green Tree Court is a luxury care home like no other, with five-star treatment in an elegant setting. Learn why we have achieved an 'Outstanding' CQC rating, and 'Gold Standard' DSDC rating. Private cinema room. Pretty private garden. Award-winning food.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.