Countryside Level 2 Apprenticeship at Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Countryside Level 2 Apprenticeship
- To assist with site safety inspections.
- To assist volunteers undertaking practical tasks
- Develop skills to operate and maintain hand held tools, machinery and small equipment
- Develop the knowledge to assist in applying hand-held pest control treatment
- Assist with the safety & security of structures, vehicles & equipment on site
- Develop knowledge of identifying a wide range of trees, plants & wildlife
- To assist in the provision of environmental education
- To assist with the management of commons
Training to be provided
- You will attend a local training provider, usually on day release, to gain a Level 2 qualification in countryside
- Attend an indepth Apprentice Induction
- Gain a health & safety qualification
- Attend enrichment activities to enhance your knowledge eg interview techniques, health & wellbeing, finance, disability awareness
- Have the chance to attend marketing events and also take part in activities during National Apprenticeship Week
Communication skills,Organisation skills,Customer care skills,Problem solving skills,Team working,Initiative,Physical fitness,Resilience
GCSE or equivalent 2 x subjects (Grade 9-3 (E or above) or equivalent) Essential,GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 9-3 (E or above) or equivalent) Essential,GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-3 (E or above) or equivalent) Essential
- Gain a Level 2 Apprenticeship standard in Countryside
- 2 years work experience in the public sector
- The Council has a high retention rate and so there is a chance to move onto a higher level apprenticeship or full time employment.
About Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
Wakefield Council has a proud tradition of supporting apprenticeship programmes through a dedicated support team. Apprentices work throughout the Council in all our services supporting the citizens of the district.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.