Health and Safety Level 3 Apprenticeship at Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Health and Safety Level 3 Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
Undertake monitoring & inspections.
Compiling statistical information eg accidents & near misses.
Disseminate H&S information throughout Wakefield Council via all channels.
Arrange and attend meetings and events, including taking minutes.
Incident reporting including RIDDOR reports.
Reviewing risk assessments, safe systems of work and procedures, looking to reduce hazards and risks.
Inspections and investigations including the writing of reports.
Training to be provided
- You will attend a local training provider, usually on day release, to gain a Level 3 qualification in health and safety
- Attend an indepth Apprentice Induction
- Gain a health & safety qualification via a 1 day course
- Attend enrichment activities to enhance your knowledge eg interview techniques, health & wellbeing, finance, disability awareness
- Have the chance to attend marketing events and also take part in activities during National Apprenticeship Week
Communication skills,IT skills,Attention to detail,Organisation skills,Problem solving skills,Analytical skills,Logical,Team working,Creative,Initiative,Resilience
GCSE or equivalent 2 x other subjects (Grade 4-9 (C or above)) Essential,GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9 (C or above) or equivalent) Essential,GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 (C or above) or equivalent) Essential
- Gain a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Health and Safety
- 2.5 years work experience in the public sector
- The Council has a high retention rate and so there is a chance to move onto a higher level apprenticeship or full time employment.
About Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
Wakefield Council has a proud tradition of supporting apprenticeship programmes through a dedicated support team. Apprentices work throughout the Council in all our services supporting the citizens of the district.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.