Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Level 3 Apprenticeship at Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Inspect, maintain and repair vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Complete and record all paperwork, inspection sheets and defect notes
- Develop an understanding of computer controlled systems, which inc. diagnostic equipment, brake testers, emissions testing and maintenance/test recording.
- Inspect, repair, label and record horticultural machinery.
- Carry out thermal joining of materials and metals by mig, arc or gas welding
- Carry out specialised fixed wet or dry grinding and cutting machinery
Training to be provided
- You will attend a local training provider, usually on day release, to gain a Level 3 qualification for a heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
- You will gain exposure to a large range of Council vehicles
- Attend an indepth Apprentice Induction
- Gain a health & safety qualification
- Attend enrichment activities to enhance your knowledge eg interview techniques, health & wellbeing, finance, disability awareness
- Have the chance to attend marketing events and also take part in activities during National Apprenticeship Week
Communication skills,IT skills,Attention to detail,Organisation skills,Problem solving skills,Analytical skills,Logical,Team working,Creative,Initiative,Resilience
GCSE or equivalent 2 x subjects (Grade 9-4 (C or above) or equivalent) Essential,GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 9-4 (C or above) or equivalent) Essential,GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 (C or above) or equivalent) Essential
- Gain a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard in Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- 4.0 year work experience in the public sector
- The Council has a high retention rate and so there is a chance to move onto a higher level apprenticeship or full time employment.
About Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
Wakefield Council has a proud tradition of supporting apprenticeship programmes through a dedicated support team. Apprentices work throughout the Council in all our services supporting the citizens of the district.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.