Business Administrator/Communities Level 3 Apprenticeship at East Suffolk Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Business Administrator/Communities Level 3 Apprenticeship
A unique opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our East Suffolk Communities Team (ESCT). This apprenticeship could be your ideal first step on the career ladder in the field of working with communities and their representatives.
This exciting and unique opportunity will involve providing administrative and project support for the ESCT, to assist in delivering the team’s work programmes which are based around Community Enabling (helping communities to do what they want to do), Community Safety and Community Health and Wellbeing.
The projects you will be involved in could include organising activities for people to reduce anti social behaviour and ensure communities are safe, helping communities have a greater say in their future by embarking upon a village review or neighbourhood plan, organising intergenerational activities and supporting initiatives to improve health and well being, including mental health, dementia and support for carers. Your administrative duties will include assisting in the arrangement of meetings, note taking, typing documents, working with data and supporting the team at events.
We can offer an interesting and varied work programme, a positive team environment, and the opportunity to get involved in a variety of tasks at different levels and to lead stand alone projects.
- To support a range of projects/activities across the East Suffolk Communities Team’s (ESCT) work programme, including one or more of the following: Reduce crime and disorder and anti-social behaviour and ensure East Suffolk communities are safe / Deliver diversionary activities for target areas / communities / groups / individuals / Help communities have a greater say in what their communities look like in the future e.g. through neighbourhood plans or village reviews / Support initiatives to improve health and wellbeing, including mental health, dementia, reducing obesity, keeping fit and active / Support projects to tackle social isolation and loneliness e.g. intergenerational activities bringing together younger and older people
- To assist in arranging meetings, including producing agendas and taking and circulating notes
- To type different documents, including letters and reports and carry out general administrative duties, including photocopying, filing (manual and electronic), data entry, preparing mailshots, scanning, answering the telephone, taking messages and dealing with customer queries, booking rooms, venues and equipment
- To work with different types of data, insight and information and use this to help the ESCT to understand the needs of local communities
- To support the organisation of community events and other forms of community engagement
- To support the development of funding bids to increase the amount of funding available for local projects
- To contribute to measuring the impact of the Team, including by collecting, monitoring and analysing data to support reporting against the East Suffolk Strategic Plan and the team Service Plan
- To research relevant national, regional and local initiatives and identify what works.
- To produce accurate word documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
- To promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and support our external equality groups (including the Youth Councils and Disability Forums) and the Services for All Group
- To assist members of the Team with other tasks, as appropriate
Training to be provided
- Business Administrator Level 3 Standard
- Functional Skills in English & maths at Level 2 if required
- 20% off the job training which can include Workshops, E-Learning, Apprentikit, Coursework, Research Topics
- End Point Assessment Mocks
- Creative and innovative approach to problems and challenges
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills and able to meet challenging deadlines
- Good at dealing with changing priorities
- Good research and analytical skills
- Able to deal with numerical data
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Customer focussed and keen to help members of the public
- Computer literate e.g. word processing, spreadsheets and email/internet
- Interest in community development/enabling, increasing community safety and reducing anti social behaviour and/or health and wellbeing
- An understanding of administrative processes and procedures
Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including English and maths.
East Suffolk Council has an established and successful apprenticeship scheme, which has seen over 80% of its apprentices stay on beyond their apprenticeships to develop promising careers with the Council.
Things to consider
The successful candidate may be required to work at either:
Riverside, Lowestoft or East Suffolk House, Melton.
About East Suffolk Council
Looking to kick-start your career? East Suffolk Council has an established and successful apprenticeship scheme, which has seen over 80% of its apprentices stay on beyond their apprenticeships to develop promising careers with the Council. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can earn money as well as gaining experience and a recognised qualification, then look no further!
East Suffolk is a local government district in Suffolk, England, which was established on 1 April 2019, following the merger of the existing Suffolk Coastal and Waveney districts. At the 2011 census, the two districts had a combined population of 239,552.
East Suffolk District Council are committed to improving the quality of life for everyone living in, working in, and visiting East Suffolk. The council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.