Electoral Services Level 3 Apprenticeship at East Suffolk Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Electoral Services Level 3 Apprenticeship
A unique opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our Electoral Services team. This apprenticeship opportunity could be your ideal first step on the career ladder in the Elections field.
The role consists of working as part of a small, friendly team managing the elections across East Suffolk. You will be involved in administrative work maintaining the electoral register, dealing with elector enquiries, and supporting with the delivery of a variety of elections.
To help to ensure that the East Suffolk Council electoral register is as complete and accurate as possible by:
- Scanning and Processing Electoral Registration Forms
- Dealing with queries regarding the Register of Electors from members of the public
- Communicating with Parish Clerks, Councillors, Political Parties and Government agencies.
- Assisting with public awareness initiatives
- Communicating with and visiting Residential Homes, Housing Associations and Military organisations to ensure accurate and complete electoral registration records
Assisting with the administration of elections and referendums by:
- Assisting with the booking and payment of invoices for Polling Station hire
- Assisting with the allocation of temporary election staff
- Assisting with the maintenance and upgrading of equipment used in connection with elections
- Assisting with the delivery of elections and by-elections, including Polling Station and count duties
Assisting with the smooth running of the Electoral Service Team by:
- Dealing with and taking messages in relation to elector queries
- Maintaining election stationery and equipment stocks
- Undertaking other such duties and hours of work as may be reasonably required which are consistent with the level of the post
- Maintaining personal development to meet the changing needs of the job, participating in appropriate training activities
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required compatible with and/or arising from those listed above
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values of our organisation
Training to be provided
Business Administrator Level 3 Standard Apprenticeship:
- Functional Skills in English & maths at Level 2 if required
- 20% off the job training which can include Workshops, E-Learning, Apprentikit, Coursework, Research Topics
- End Point Assessment Mocks
- Ability to work independently and use initiative aswell as part of a team
- Confidence to communicate with people at all levels
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure to legislative deadlines
- A commitment to own development and to supporting training and development initiatives
- Flexible and willing to work outside of normal working hours
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including English and maths
- IT, keyboard/typing skills
- East Suffolk Council has an established and successful apprenticeship scheme, which has seen over 80% of its apprentices stay on beyond their apprenticeships to develop promising careers with the Council
Things to consider
The successful candidate may be required to work at either:
- Riverside, Lowestoft or East Suffolk House, Melton.
About East Suffolk Council
Looking to kick-start your career? East Suffolk Council has an established and successful apprenticeship scheme, which has seen over 80% of its apprentices stay on beyond their apprenticeships to develop promising careers with the Council. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can earn money as well as gaining experience and a recognised qualification, then look no further!
East Suffolk is a local government district in Suffolk, England, which was established on 1 April 2019, following the merger of the existing Suffolk Coastal and Waveney districts. At the 2011 census, the two districts had a combined population of 239,552.
East Suffolk District Council are committed to improving the quality of life for everyone living in, working in, and visiting East Suffolk. The council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.