Customer Service Level 3 Apprenticeship at East Suffolk Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Customer Service Level 3 Apprenticeship
A unique opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our Customer Services team. This apprenticeship opportunity could be your ideal first step on the career ladder in Customer Services field.
The role consists of working as part of a close knit, highly skilled dynamic team. Your job will be to deliver an outstanding customer experience by providing advice and resolving any and all customer queries. Contact from our customers is made via various different channels, telephone, face to face and email to name a few. The contact from Customers to the Customer Services team is both varied and diverse and you will liaise with all services and departments within the council.
- Resolve queries and advise customers on a wide range of Council services via multiple channels including: face-to-face, telephone, text message, email, web-chat and social media. You will follow up the commitments you make to the customer and act upon them in a timely manner and in line with the Customer Service Standards
- To deliver the above from various locations
- To represent and champion Customer Services throughout the Council
- To build relationships with customers inspiring their trust in both you and the Council
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of Council services and systems used within Customer Services
- Where appropriate, promote and encourage lower cost contact channels including self-service, web chat and email. Promote Connect & Serve
- To proactively seek out and resolve potential issues before they arise, escalating more complex issues to the Customer Contact Advisors or Team Leader as appropriate
- To recommend service improvement opportunities both within Customer Services and the wider Council
- Where appropriate, promote and encourage lower cost contact channels including self-service, web chat and email
- Maintain and update customer records ensuring accurate and relevant information is captured and in compliance with GDPR regulations
- Process electronic customer payments
- Undertake administration tasks as required including the production of correspondence and documentation
- Apply appropriate and effective communication techniques when dealing with customer contacts including diffusing conflict and managing sensitive situations
- The Recording of customer feedback including compliments, comments and complaints
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required compatible with and/or arising from those listed above
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values of our organisation
Training to be provided
Customer Service Specialist Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills in English & maths at Level 2 if required
- 20% off the job training which can include Workshops, E-Learning, Apprentikit, Coursework, Research Topics
- End Point Assessment Mocks
- Display a confident, professional and friendly approach
- Self motivated, adaptable, diplomatic and enthusiastic
- Ability to work as part of a team and deal with confidential matters sensitively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail
- Good computer literacy and a pro-active approach to further development
- Computer literate with at least two years keyboard/typing experience
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including English and maths
- East Suffolk Council has an established and successful apprenticeship scheme, which has seen over 80% of its apprentices stay on beyond their apprenticeships to develop promising careers with the Council
About East Suffolk Council
Looking to kick-start your career? East Suffolk Council has an established and successful apprenticeship scheme, which has seen over 80% of its apprentices stay on beyond their apprenticeships to develop promising careers with the Council. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can earn money as well as gaining experience and a recognised qualification, then look no further!
East Suffolk is a local government district in Suffolk, England, which was established on 1 April 2019, following the merger of the existing Suffolk Coastal and Waveney districts. At the 2011 census, the two districts had a combined population of 239,552.
East Suffolk District Council are committed to improving the quality of life for everyone living in, working in, and visiting East Suffolk. The council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.