IT Junior Network Administrator Apprenticeship - Newcastle at Balfour Beatty
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
IT Junior Network Administrator Apprenticeship - Newcastle
Reporting in to the Junior Network Engineer, you shall become an integral part of the team. You shall assist in the development of key projects for the business working closely with other members of the development team. You will be helping out to replace some switching and working in the comms room. You will learn about IP addressing and how to set up a new solution. Good communication skills and eye for details will help to troubleshooting with switching also good admin skills are vital for the role.
What the apprenticeship will offer
You will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, the typical duration for this apprenticeship is 12 months.
You will also be trained on
- The methods to fulfil the above duties
- How to liaise directly with a diverse range of end users from multiple departments
- Support from the other team members
- How to meet company service standards and turnaround times
- Effective communication skills (specifically over the phone and by e-mail)
- Managing varying workloads and prioritisation of tasks and work orders
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities as an IT Apprentice:
Reporting to the Front Office Development Lead and working with the Development team your duties will include:
- Assisting the development team in developing software for key projects for the business. This could involve building web applications, mobile applications, system to system interfaces, database design etc.
- Assisting the Front Office Support team with analysing incidents related to software developed by the team.
- Engaging with the PMO to help build project plans and maintain progress on projects to ensure sure key milestones are hit.
- Engaging with key stakeholders within the business to ensure their requirements are delivered on time.
- See projects go through the full software development life cycle (SDLC) from development, to user acceptance testing (UAT) to production.
Who we're looking for
As well as well-developed team and people skills (over the phone and by email), you will have the passion and enthusiasm for software development and IT.
- Customer and team focused
- Natural problem solver
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Comfortable using a computer and different software
- You will be able to solve problems and to pick up new ways of working quickly
- Preferably some previous experience of development.
You will need a minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths and English
An IT qualification or previous work experience is desirable.
Salary & benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
About Balfour Beatty
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in Hull.
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.