Investment Operations Specialist Apprenticeship at AJ Bell
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Investment Operations Specialist Apprenticeship
Involving a high level of IFA and customer interaction (telephone calls and emails); customer service and technical knowledge are key to this role. Typical tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Purchasing and ongoing administration of investments (accurately maintaining and updating both paper based and electronic records)
- Fee management – identifying; applying; chasing
- Administering in-specie transfers between SIPP arrangements
- Administering funds for transfers out of the business including cash and in specie transfers, annuity purchases & ISA/GIA transfers out
- Producing KPI data and MI as agreed
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers to produce stock valuations (at client request) and validate invoices for Finance team
If you’re successful, you’ll have the opportunity to work in different teams in our business to gain a full understanding of our customer journey.
Training to be provided
Training Provider to be confirmed.
At the start of the apprenticeship you will enjoy a tailored introductory training programme. This will give you the chance to get to know our business and develop your skills on the job, while at the same time continuing on a development programme designed to help you invest in your personal growth and your future with AJ Bell.
Our Investment Operations Specialist Apprenticeship Programme will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies including developing your verbal and written communication skills, working to deadlines and understanding operational business processes. You will also develop strong IT skills, working with Microsoft packages, and gain experience of using in-house systems. We will provide ongoing training, development and mentoring, enabling you to progress your understanding of financial services.
Throughout the apprenticeship, you will work towards an industry recognised professional qualification with the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment and complete in-house technical and professional development training.
No specific skills required.
There are some key personality traits that we feel fit in particularly well to our business. Are you a go-getter? Can-doer? Self-starter? Team player?
You need to have:
- Ability to demonstrate why you want to work within the financial services industry
- Honesty, self-motivation, reliability
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop in different teams within the business
- A minimum of 104 UCAS points (under the tariff for courses starting from September 2017)
- A minimum of five GCSEs 9-4 (or A*-C) or equivalent, including English and maths
If you are successful in your apprenticeship you may have the opportunity to continue your career at AJ Bell focusing on either a managerial or technical career path with ongoing support and training opportunities provided to support your career growth.
About AJ Bell
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £48.3 billion and more than 262,000 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.