Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship - Dorchester at Post Office
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship - Dorchester
The role of Customer services Apprentice covers a wide area of responsibilities which include manning a post office counter, serving the public, dealing with queries regarding Post Office products, operating a retail EPOS Till, understanding the basic operation of photocopiers and printers.
It is a very important position as the Customer Service Apprentice is the face of the business and their behaviour and performance directly affects how the public perceive the business.
It is a very diverse role with lots of scope for growth. This is a young and growing business which is looking for enthusiastic people to get involved.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Handling customer transactions, which include paying of bills, cash deposits, cash withdrawals and license renewals
- Handling Post ensuring correct postage is applied and paid for and post placed in correct mailbags
- Ensuring special delivery mail is correctly handled and dispatched
- Providing information on Passport services, DVLA and foreign exchange
- Ensure retail products are correctly paid for
- Ensuring till balances at the end of every day and that stock is maintained accurately.
Ideally, the candidate would have experience in face-to-face customer service and enjoy working with the public.
Training to be provided
Formal training to be provided by Weymouth College with informal, on the job training by the staff at Dorchester Post Office potentially externally by Post Office Limited and E courses on the Post Office Horizon system.
- Experience of customer service at all levels
- Enjoy working with numbers and people
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A highly personable personality, with confidence in talking to people
- Highly numerate
- A keen and enquiring mind,
- Enthusiastic personality willing to work hard and fit in with a broad range of age groups.
- A sense of humour is important
GCSE maths and English minimum 5 or equivalent or above is essential.
Prospect of progression to a higher level apprenticeship qualification and to progress within the business. Prospect of a permanent position for the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship.
About Post Office
Dorchester Post Office was taken over on the 1st November 2018 by the Prince family and is now a family owned and run small business, with a strong focus on service, sustainability and convenience.
Within this main Post Office is a retail shop and newly acquire Print Shop. Our aim is to develop a one stop shop for printing, stationary, packaging and posting. We also offer a unique to Dorchester range of gifts and locally themed greeting cards.
We are conveniently located opposite two car parks, the bus stop and taxi rank in Trinity Street.
With the recent Post Office modernisation, Dorchester Post Office is at the forefront of meeting the needs of 21st century customers and communities. Ensuring the trusted service and brand of the Post Office maintains its 350-year heritage into the 21st century and beyond.
We offer the full range of Post Office services, which includes travel money, insurance and banking with a friendly and personalised service.
We are investing in a range of proudly British gift items, which are suited to any special occasion and with our focus on convenience, you can find a card and quality wrapping to complete your purchase in one simple and convenient trip.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.