In Vitro Pharmacology Degree Apprentice - UCB at Cogent SSC Limited
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
In Vitro Pharmacology Degree Apprentice - UCB
During the 3 year apprenticeship you will learn the necessary skills to carry out laboratory experiments and generate data to aid projects within UCB’s portfolio.
You will develop a good understanding of Immunology and cell biology.
In this role, you will receive training in several basic in vitro laboratory techniques including:
- Cell culture
- Flow Cytometry
- Microscopy, immunoassays
- Cell imaging, automation
- Assay development
- High-throughput screening
- High Content Imaging
In addition, you will learn about: experimental design, data analysis, and scientific writing. Presentation skills will be also gained.
Training will be provided for safe lab practices along with training on a number of laboratory instruments, as well as associated software.
There will be the opportunity to learn about a range of procedures and understand how these fit together within the drug discovery process.
You will learn to work in a matrix environment with many cross-department interactions. You will be required to present your work to colleagues within, and outside, your group and to all levels.
Training to be provided
The foundation degree FdSc in Applied BioScience will be delivered by the University of Kent.
It will be a mix of online learning and two summer schools delivered onsite at the university at a week each.
- Basic understanding of scientific principles
- Good communication skills
- Organisation skills, ability to meet deadlines and capability to prioritise workload
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn and have a keen interest in drug discovery
- Be able to work as part of a team
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- A minimum of 80 UCAS points from at least 2 A-levels including either Biology or Chemistry and an additional science or maths subject, and
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade A*-C 9/4 including maths, Science & English
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business. The training will expose the apprentice to a wide range of skills and competencies which would make them well placed for further study or suitable for many job opportunities in the life sciences sector.
Option to progress on L6 degree apprenticeship
Things to consider
Please ensure that you currently live within or can relocate to a commutable distance of the site.
You will be entitled to company benefits including;
- 26 Days Holiday entitlement (+ Bank Holidays)
- Opt in pension scheme
- Student discount card (NUS)
- Employee assistance programme
- Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship
UCB’s UK site is located Slough, Berkshire where it houses the immunology research hub and the head office for the UK commercial organisation. There are three buildings on the Slough site, housing around 600 staff.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.