Product Designer Level 2 Apprenticeship
The candidate will see the whole process from concept through to manufacture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the design team in day to day duties
- Contributing to design through CAD and sketching
- Creating and editing 3D models and 2D drawings using SolidWorks
- Customer instruction creation and editing
- General Admin duties
Training to be provided
Digital Learning Design Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework:
- AIM Awards Level 2 Certificate in Design (QCF)
- Design Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT Level 1 if required.
- Attention for detail
- Ability to use IT and learn various programmes
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organised and able to prioritise
- Enthusiasm for design
- Willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic
- GCSE's in English and maths, Design related experience qualifications
- For the right candidate and on completion of the Level 2 there may be opportunity to progress onto the level 3
Things to consider
- Due to the location, there is an element of flexibility with start / end times around bus times
About Mercia Garden Products Limited
For over 140 years, we have been supplying the UK with high quality garden product from our factory based in Nottinghamshire. We are proud to have a team of over 200 dedicated professionals who share our culture and passion for quality. From our craftsmanship, materials and outstanding service we continue to elevate ourselves as one of the industry’s leading, largest and longest running manufacturers of garden buildings. Today, we design, manufacture and deliver over 100,000 wooden buildings every year, on behalf of the UK’s largest DIY and high street stores, as well as online specialists. We have designed and curated our extensive range with our customers at the forefront of our minds, ensuring we offer the perfect building to suit every garden and budget.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!