Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship at Premier Foods
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Premier Foods
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
Working within a continuous improvement environment our Multi-Skilled Engineers/Technicians are responsible for the maintenance, repair and performance improvement of semi & fully automated process and packaging equipment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Broad exposure to different areas of food manufacturing mechanical and electrical maintenance and improvements
- Studying towards the Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard, as well as supporting training and qualifications to enable you to carry out the role of Multi-Skilled Engineer for Premier Foods (academic content delivered offsite and may include residential block release)
- Typically, 07:00-15:00 or 08:00-16:00 for the first year
What we need from you:
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C (or equivalent) including Science, Maths and English at grade B (or equivalent). IT also being a preferred pass (A-C) subject
- Self-managed & self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Flexibility to work across multiple departments as and when required
- Good attention to detail
- A high level of technical ability
What we offer you in return:
- Starting salary of c. £14,000 in the first year
- Sponsored professional development
- On-the-job mentor
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Our much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Batchelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride, Paul Hollywood and McDougall’s, with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
About Premier Foods
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.