Business Admin - Medical Receptionist Level 3 Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the practice administration team may include any or all of the items in the following list.
Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Deputy Practice Manager/Lead Nurse/Practice Manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- Opening up/locking-up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with practice protocols
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Lead Administrator for Learning Disabilities
- Lead Administrator for Postnatal appointments
- Lead Administrator for Childhood Imms
- Have knowledge of process for repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Gain knowledge of how to stock consulting rooms and undertake if required
- Providing clerical assistance to practice as required from time to time, including filing, photocopying and scanning, folding notes
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required, loading and emptying the dishwasher and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Keeping the reception area, noticeboards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Undertake fair share of late evening/Saturday working
- Be flexible to cover holidays & sickness when required
- Undertake any mandatory training/training relevant to your position
Training to be provided
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if applicable
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Basic IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Pleasant and professional manner
- Team player
- Ability to deal with people in person and on the telephone
- Ability to work with a wide variety of tasks
- Good General Secondary Education – maths & English at grades C/4 or above or equivalent
Possibility of full-time employment for the right candidate on successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this job description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice, may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
About Glastonbury Health Centre
Health Centre based in Glastonbury, Somerset.
Welcome to Glastonbury Health Centre.
The doctors and staff at Glastonbury Health Centre are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
Vision: A modern health centre demonstrating excellence in patient centred healthcare with a personal and caring approach.
Mission: To be a professional and effective team supporting each other to put patients at the heart of all we do.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and health checks.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!