HR Level 5 Apprenticeship
This Apprenticeship will be based in our North London (Enfield) office and will start in September 2020.
We’re looking for a HR Apprentice to join our dynamic and energetic HR team of 14 who source and support our (800+) employees located across the globe. The role will be based in our head office in North London (Enfield). You will sit with and work closely with our HR and Recruitment team, learning about our processes and how we help to support making ‘Metaswitch an awesome place to work’.
Alongside this, you will complete a Level 5 Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) qualification. 20% of your time will be spent studying for this qualification offsite at a college or university.
At the end of the apprenticeship, there might be an opportunity for a permanent role for the right applicant.
Where will you fit into Metaswitch?
As an apprentice your responsibilities will include:
- Managing email inboxes
- Arranging meetings, interviews or training events
- Making phone calls internally to our employees or externally to candidates
- Producing employment offer letters or employment references
- Supporting Visa and immigration applications
- Attending recruitment events as a brand ambassador
- Supporting with the running of our graduate assessment centres
- Support with project work
Throughout your mentorship you will rotate among our 4 teams: HR operations, Early years Recruitment, Lateral Recruitment and HR Projects / Business Partnering.
On each rotation you will have a mentor to support you in your work and learning. You’ll also be taught HR specific skills such as employment law, how to interpret and apply policies and processes, relationship management, how to advise employees and managers, how HR can contribute to business change, how we attract talent to our business and how we partner with our business to make ‘Metaswitch an awesome place to work’.
What do you need?
You will have a real interest in a career in Human Resources and Recruitment and want to learn what it takes to become an HR professional.
- Have good written and spoken communication
- Be organised and self-driven
- Enjoy learning and studying
- Equally enjoy working as part of a team and be able to carry out tasks independently
To join us as a HR apprentice, you will need 3 A levels at a minimum of a C grade. As well as GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) in English, Maths and Science (or equivalents).
What’s in it for you?
- £20,000 salary
- 20 days holiday (increases throughout service).
- Eligibility for some great perks, including an excellent non-contributory pension, life assurance, health insurance and eligibility for our Profit Share scheme.
In addition to all of this, we have team and office morale events. Activities can vary from dinner/drinks, bowling or go-karting with your team mates, to a day or weekend away with a larger group.
You will also have the opportunity to take part in a wide variety of other sports and activities – including football, badminton, bridge, board games and tag rugby, to name but a few.
Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company. We develop commercial and open-source software solutions that are constructively disrupting the way that service providers build, scale, innovate and account for communication services. The company was established over 35 years ago and we now have over 800 employees across the world, including the UK and US.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!