Production Chef Apprenticeship at Metaswitch
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Production Chef Apprenticeship
We’re looking for an Apprentice Production Chef to join our creative, energetic catering team of six, who provide 300 lunch covers daily and cater for numerous in-house events (with sometimes up to 350 attendees).
The role will be based in our head office in Enfield, North London, reporting to our Head Chef, plus the Restaurant & Events Catering Manager.
You will complete an apprenticeship programme through Hertford Regional College, whilst receiving training in all aspects of food preparation and working in our busy kitchen. At the end of the apprenticeship, for the right applicant there might be an opportunity for a permanent role.
As an Apprentice you will report into the Head Chef where your main duties will include (but are not limited to)
- Working as part of the team in the day to day running of the Catering Department, ensuring that a high level of service is delivered to staff and visitors at all times.
- Assisting the Head Chef in the production and delivery of exceptional food quality whilst ensuring that the kitchen operates efficiently and effectively.
- Making sure dishes are prepared and cooked according to Metaswitch standards.
- Adherence to the organisation’s Food Safety and Health & Safety policies at all times.
- Ensuring the cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- Participation in training programmes as required and, in liaison with the Head Chef.
- Delivering a high standards of customer service at all times.
- Communicating clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Working collaboratively with other team members.
- Organisation and preparation of catering for in house events, from Board Meetings to departmental functions (up to 350 people).
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Chef, or Restaurant & Events Catering Manager.
What do you need
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Creative - able to come up with and suggest new menu options.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed.
- A real can-do attitude! Someone who is keen to get stuck in and learn new skills from their fellow team members.
- Excellent personal hygiene.
- Able to work as part of a team and be able to carry out tasks independently.
- Great initiative with an organised approach to tasks.
- A real interest in catering and working in a busy kitchen.
- Educated to an A level (or equivalent) standard, with good GCSE results.
What’s in it for you
- £14,000 salary
- 20 days' holiday (increases throughout your service).
- Eligibility for some great perks, including an excellent non-contributory pension, life assurance, health insurance and eligibility for our Profit Share scheme.
In addition to all of this, we have team and office morale events with a very generous budget. Activities can vary from dinner/drinks, bowling or go-karting with your team mates, to a day or weekend away with a larger group (where Centre Parcs, Paris and Vilnius have been some recent destinations).
Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company. We develop commercial and open-source software solutions that are constructively disrupting the way that service providers build, scale, innovate and account for communication services. The company was established over 35 years ago and we now have over 800 employees across the world, including the UK and US.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.