Teaching Level 3 Apprenticeship
We are seeking an enthusiastic and caring Teaching Apprentice to work with children with challenging behaviour and to provide support for children and teachers. You will be focusing particularly on pupils with SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) with a view to becoming a qualified teacher. Whilst working in school, you will study a level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship standard and attend college 1 day per week. Applicants will undertake training within schools across the MAT in addition to college.
This will involve working:
- In an alternative provision
- In other schools
- Building a portfolio of experience
- Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies and help keep pupils on task
- To respect confidentiality at all times
- Participate in evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Ability to plan, organise and work under pressure
- Good communicator both written and oral, able to communicate effectively with children and adults
- IT literate
- Friendly and outgoing
- Smart appearance
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to create and keep effective records
- To assist with escorting pupils on educational visits
- Self-motivated and personable, capable of working both as a team player and independently
- Candidates must have already achieved GCSE maths and English at A–C/8–4 or equivalent
Primary School Teacher.
Things to consider
Are you able to travel to work easily and is this affordable?
About Connected Learning
Multi-Academy of five schools, with centralised Business Centre.
Founded in 2013, Connected Learning is a primary-only MAT based in Mid-Essex. It originated from the collaborative partnerships and school to school improvement support through Powers Hall Junior School (now Powers Hall Academy and CL’s founding member). There are now a further four schools within the Trust: Cherry Tree Academy and Iceni Academy, both in Colchester and Templars Academy, in Witham with the newest school, Silver End Academy.
It is our vision to grow our Trust through the coming years and our aim to develop a group of exceptional primary academies who deliver an excellent education for all our children. Each school will benefit from the Trust’s strong ethos of support and there are also many opportunities for them to celebrate their own diversity and individuality.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!