Equine Groom Level 2 Apprenticeship - Helen Wild at Stubbing Court Training Limited
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Equine Groom Level 2 Apprenticeship - Helen Wild
Duties will include all aspects of horse care e.g.
- Mucking out
- Health care
- Grooming at competitions / riding
Joining an SCT Apprenticeship programme is a serious commitment. To achieve the qualification and be successful in your job you will need to be hard working, prepared to work outdoors in all weather and often at weekends.
Training to be provided
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Level 2 - Equine Groom
- Certificate in Horse Care
- Diploma in Work Based Horse Care
- Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Award in Business for the Environment and Land-based Sector
- Award in The Principles of Horse Care
- Certificate in the Principles of Horse Care
- First Aid
- Health and Safety
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
It would be advantageous to have some previous experience with horses.
To achieve the qualification and be successful in your job you need to be hard working, reliable, punctual and able to work outdoors in all weathers and often at weekends.
We do everything we can to help you achieve, but we also expect some things from you, to:
- Always try your best
- Be reliable at all times
- Attend work and off-the-job training punctually and reliably
- Be polite, tidy and cheerful
- Complete the work set out in your Action Plans by the target date
- Follow instructions
- Work safely
- Always ask if you are not sure about anything
No formal qualifications required.
Progression to Advanced Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
You will be working outside and often at weekends. Working with horses can be physically demanding so a level of fitness is required.
The hours of work will be agreed with the employer and the weekly pay will be in accordance with the hours worked. You may be asked to start early e.g. 7.00am or finish late e.g. 7.00pm and some weekend work being involved, but this will be agreed with the employer
World class training and on-line learning available for all apprentices.
International level yards in show jumping, eventing and dressage.
SCT works throughout the East Midlands and Yorkshire, with employers in riding schools, livery yards, competition yards up to international level.
About STUBBING COURT TRAINING LIMITED
Showjumping, Breaking & Dressage
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.