Butcher Level 2 Apprenticeship at Cheerbrook Quality Farm Food
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Butcher Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Practical training
- Knife skills
- Cutting up carcasses into meat joints
- Butcher and prepare various cuts of meat and learn of their uses and cooking methods
- Customer service
- Curing bacon
- Making sausages
Traceability and quality
Training to be provided
Butcher Level 2
Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship provider for this Level 2 apprenticeship.
The employer will give guidance and support throughout
Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period
This Standard apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
Reaseheath Training also offer optional extra industry qualifications at additional cost
- Hard working with the ability to learn new things
- Discipline and good time management
- Able to work under their own initiative
- Team player
- Eager to learn
- Passion for food
- GCSEs maths and English or equivalent Grade 3 and above are preferable, however not essential as functional skills are offered to upskill as part of the programme
Working as part of our butchery team across butchery counter, prep & carcass butchery.
Things to consider
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour rising to £4.15 on 1 April 2020. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About Cheerbrook Quality Farm Food
Award winning farm shop with butchery, bakery, production kitchen, delicatessen & café. Championing local & handmade produce in Cheshire.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.