Engineering Level 2 Apprentice - Cutting at Harrod UK Limited
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Engineering Level 2 Apprentice - Cutting
Due to continued growth Harrod Sport is now looking to recruit committed and driven Apprentices to join our highly skilled team. This will be a great opportunity to work within the manufacturing Industry to gain real hands on experience.
Within this role you will gain exposure to all aspects involved with the day to day running of a fast-developing company. You will;
- Gain an understanding of the steel and aluminium processes
- Gain skills and knowledge in operating bending machines, swaging, multi-head punches, drilling machinery and hydraulic presses with an aim to develop proto-types/specials for long-term manufacture
- Follow manufacturing processes to engineering drawings and complete job cards accurately until work is completed
- When necessary, help with other duties in the Steel cutting shop or Aluminium workshop as required
- Gain a good understanding of engineering drawings and able to use the information effectively in the role
- Gain knowledge and good understanding of Harrod UK products
- Gain awareness, understanding and responsibility for department H&S issues, ensuring adherence to Harrod UK Ltd H&S policy/procedures at all times
- Participate/contribute new ideas in continuous improvement projects/meetings
- Take part in new product design meetings and put forward own ideas/suggestions
- Committed to complete appropriate on-the-job training and a Level 2/3 Engineering qualification over the period of the apprenticeship
- Ensure all training records are maintained and up-to-date
This is a highly skilled trade that requires someone with commitment and dedication to learn and progress.
Training to be provided
The twelve month work based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Engineering
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills maths
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills Workbook
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
Learners will also be expected to attend day release development workshops run at Poultec’s Engineering training centre.
- Able to work accurately with timescales
- Good organisation skills and able to communicate clearly at all levels
- Good time management skills
- Driven to exceed targets
- Has the ability to gain in confidence to work on own initiative and without direct supervision
- Self-motivated and have a can-do attitude
- Wants to be challenged and stretched in their work
- Able to work as part of a team
- Has a flexible approach and is receptive to change
- Can be relied upon and has excellent integrity
- Is able to align their own behaviours with the vision, goals and values of Harrod UK
- Using the most appropriate method of communication to meet individual and business needs effectively
Coaching & Influencing
- Working constantly on your own development through coaching in the interest of improving business performance
- Continuously look for ways to improve performance by striving for excellence in the standards and methods of working
Individual Targets & Monitoring Performance
- Agree targets to support business needs/individual competency levels. Monitors performance and progress against targets set
- Performs effectively under pressure by remaining professional in all situations; considering the impact of your actions on others
- GCSE grades A-C 9/4 preferred – although a positive attitude and willingness to work towards equivalent qualifications is equally important
- Previous experience of engineering would be advantageous or an aptitude towards engineering
- We take continuous professional development seriously and we are committed to ensure each individual performs at their best and develops their potential for future roles.
- A successful candidate can expect potential future employment upon completion of this Apprenticeship.
- This Apprenticeship provides an excellent opportunity for a committed, hardworking and enthusiastic individual and effectively could provide the foundations of a long term career within the organisation.
Things to consider
- This is a physically demanding role; therefore, it is essential the candidate is physically fit, heavy lifting will be involved.
About Harrod UK Limited
Harrod UK has been established for over 60 years and is the UK leading manufacturer of sports goals and netting with a prestigious worldwide client base. Based in Lowestoft the company also has a Horticultural division which has achieved significant growth over the past ten years and is now a leader in its own market.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.