Hospitality Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship - Sittingbourne at Avante
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Hospitality Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship - Sittingbourne
Do you want to gain practical hands on skills alongside academic studies?
Are you looking for a well-defined career path with continuous training and development?
This could be the perfect opportunity for you! What does this role involve? As part of this role you will:
- Comply with catering regulations in respect of hygiene and Health and Safety procedures.
- Attend training sessions/courses necessary in the performance of these duties.
- Plan menus by involving residents, care service staff and dietician (where necessary).
- Ensure that meals have a high nutritional value.
- Ensure that food is prepared in clean and safe conditions, free from dirt, germs, insects, vermin, odour, etc.
- Ensuring that catering staff work within the regulations stipulated in “Hygiene (General) Regulations 1970”, “The Food Act 1984” and “The Food Safety Act 1990”.
- Assist at meal times and maintain the kitchen and dining rooms. You will have real duties from early on in your career and the opportunity to learn something new every day. As a trusted member of the team you will support your colleagues to run the kitchen effectively, whilst developing skills in an extremely varied environment, alongside a team of motivated people who will support you. You will gain experience in all activities from preparing meals and nutrition, to health and safety regulation.
Training to be provided
- Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
- On completion of this 12 month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 2 Hospitality and Food Production
- Willing to learn
- GCSE's grade 4-9 in English and maths are desired but not essential.
- Once you have completed your level 2 qualification you will be eligible for advanced level Apprenticeship opportunities.
Avante Care & Support is a Registered Charity supporting over 1000 older people through our registered nursing and dementia care homes and home care services. We are proud to be a well-established not for profit organisation, with an experienced and committed workforce, looking to make a difference through the care and support offered to individuals and to families in need of advice, guidance and support.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.