Group Technology Level 4 Apprenticeship - 2020 Intake at UBS
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Group Technology Level 4 Apprenticeship - 2020 Intake
Did you know you don’t have to complete an internship to work in financial services? UBS's Apprenticeship program provides ambitious and talented individuals with an alternative route to a career in financial services. You'll earn a salary working in the exciting and fast-paced environment of investment banking, whilst completing training for a recognized qualification offering a fee-free on-the-job education alternative to the traditional university route.
Do you want to help our business get the most out of our technology? We are looking for talented individuals to help us within application development. Depending on the team you will join and your interest, you could:
- support with tasks in the area of quality control and project management
- work on everything from applications that provide new and innovative services to our clients to proprietary-trading strategies designed by our quant teams and traders
- enhance production monitoring, issue tracking and problem resolution
- assist with system specification and design, support and maintenance
You’ll work within Technology, helping to source, develop, implement, maintain and support world-class technology solutions. You'll develop communication and analytical skills while working in an energetic and highly motivated team.
Join us in Group Technology and you'll work towards gaining a BSc Digital and Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship with the University of Exeter. This course is studied over four years through a mix of on-campus residential teaching, e-learning and real-world projects.
As the apprenticeship progresses you will study specialisms related to your role, such as data analysis, cyber security, software engineering, business analysis or IT consultancy.
From day one you’ll be in a permanent role at UBS as a full-time employee, receiving support from your line manager, team, mentor and HR.
You need to have completed your A-levels or equivalent by September 2020 and achieved AAB, IB grade of 30, or Distinction, Distinction, Merit at BTEC. In addition to a level 5/6 in English Language and Maths GCSE. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work in a team
- come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Your career development and professional qualifications don’t stop after the Apprenticeship. Further specialise and become a technical expert in your area:
- expand your Group Technology knowledge by moving across to a different service line, or department
- there may also be opportunity to progress onto higher level apprenticeship programs
How you will be supported
You will be supported on the program, by your line manager, team, mentor and HR.
Who we are looking for
- an interest in working within a global financial corporation
- a desire to develop a career in technology
- an interest in coding and IT applications
- a proactive personality, willing to engage in a broad range of activities
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.