Fitting, Bonding and Fabrication Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Fitting, Bonding and Fabrication Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
Based at our state of the art Research and Development Centre in Northamptonshire, we are responsible for the design, manufacture, testing and racing of the Six – time World Championship winning Formula 1 hybrid Power Units used by the Mercedes AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 team. We are also proud to supply Power Units to the Racing Point and Williams Racing teams. In addition to this, we are leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One”.
As an Apprentice Fitting, Bonding & Fabrication Technician you will learn to use fabrication machinery to manufacture low-volume, bespoke, precision components within a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining extremely high quality standards, ensuring we are in the best possible position to continue winning F1 World Championships.
As a team we pride ourselves on sharing knowledge and will support you with a tailored 3 year development plan, designed to provide exposure to the breadth of engineering within F1, Formula E and Project ONE, all whilst being supported by our mentoring program. We are also pleased to have been awarded the 2017 Advanced Apprenticeship Provider by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work and learn at the same time to achieve your Advanced Apprenticeship Standard incorporating a HNC in Engineering or similar (IMECHE accredited). By the end of your apprenticeship you will have developed the knowledge and skills to:
- Produce the required volume of components within strict deadlines to the specified quality standards, making use of CAD systems and drawings as appropriate
- Set and operate fabrication manual machinery, including gas and electric welding
- Make and modify metallic, composite and polymer components using the current techniques available
- Preparation and assembly of composite components using adhesive processes
- Operate the relevant inspection equipment to ensure the components are produced to the required quality standards
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Quality, Engineering) to ensure the development of the product is optimised
- Adhere to, create and maintain standard operating procedures for machine processes and other operations
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities.
Our benefits package includes;
- A salary of £18,500pa
- Performance bonus
- Podium bonus based on F1 results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- Tenacious, curious and driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment
- For you to have completed (or be expecting to achieve by September 2020) a Foundation engineering qualification at level 2 or above.
- For you to have achieved GCSE’s at grades equivalent to a C or above (4 - 9) in Maths and English Language
- You will need to have relevant, practical experience. Providing examples of any related work you have completed as part of your application would be advantageous
- The ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, accountability, and initiative, along with taking a pride in the quality of work you produce
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
- Strong attention to detail
The application process:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Interview onsite.
- If successful your scheme will start in September 2020
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bare with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Please note, you must select your course code during the application process, this must be recognised by our external apprenticeship framework provider to make you eligible for the role you apply for. Please check with your school, or college, if you are unsure of your QAN course code before completing your application form. You must also meet the Skills Funding Agencies criteria for apprenticeship funding.
About Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
We’ve got an exceptional tradition in motor racing and have been the dominant team in Formula 1 for a number of years. At HPP (High Performance Powertrains) we’re responsible for the design and manufacture of Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 racing engines and hybrid power systems for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team. We’re also proud suppliers to Sahara Force India and Williams Martini Racing.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.