IAG Cargo Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship at British Airways
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with British Airways
IAG Cargo Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship
Based at Heathrow, you’ll be at the heart of a fast-moving, global logistics operation. Through a series of rotations, you’ll build your skills and knowledge in a variety of roles and teams, in both our Warehouse and Head Office.
This will enable you to build real experience of handling freight, using our systems and liaising with colleagues and customers. With safety and security front of mind, you’ll offer all round support to ensure everything is handled correctly, and gets to where it’s meant to be on time.
There will be lots of opportunities to learn from experienced colleagues, and to enjoy extensive training and support. It all adds up to a challenging learning experience that will lead to an NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing and Storage in your first year.
- Send, receive and inspect customers’ freight.
- Work with people from different departments across our business.
- Operate a variety of systems, inputting data.
- Have the scope to identify and suggest improvements.
- Gain broad experience, skills and knowledge through on-the-job learning and formal training.
- Learn our health, safety and security standards inside out, so they underpin everything you do.
What we look for
- Must hold or be expected to obtain the required qualifications before the start of the apprenticeship;
- Two GCSEs in English and Maths grade 9-3 (A*-D) or equivalent.
- Confidence working with a variety of IT systems.
- A good team player with effective communication skills.
- Self-motivation to work under pressure and prioritise.
- Logical problem-solving skills.
- A strong organiser with keen attention to detail.
- A positive attitude and commitment to customer service.
NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing and Storage; Intermediate Apprenticeship equivalent to five GCSE (A*-C) 9 to 4
Programme start dates vary from September 2020 to January 2021
Important application information
As part of your application process, we will be asking you a few questions to establish if you are eligible for funding as part of this apprenticeship. All information you give will be checked and verified later.
Here is what you will be asked for when you apply:
- Confirmation that you don’t already hold a qualification in the subject area of the Apprenticeship at the same or a higher level.
- Are you able to prove that you have the right to live and work full time in the UK, without sponsorship from British Airways?
- Do you hold a valid and current passport for the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland?
- Can you confirm that you have not lived or worked outside of the UK with-in the last three years?
If you are able to satisfy the above entry and eligibility criteria, then we encourage you to apply!
If you’re not a UK passport holder we’ll need you confirm that you don’t already have a disqualifying qualification, that you have lived in the UK continuously for the last three years, and that, if you hold a visa, you don’t have any work restrictions.
Based on your responses we’ll do some further checks to confirm your eligibility for the programme.
About British Airways
Get somewhere at British Airways.
We’re made of pretty special stuff at British Airways. And it’s exactly opportunities like our inspiring apprenticeships that make us. Staying true to our world-famous history, while looking to our future through the eyes of modern Britain, we’re showing people they can be as proud of their career as the flag they fly.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.