IT Level 3 Apprenticeship at Derbyshire Constabulary
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
IT Level 3 Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship placement is within the IT functions throughout the force and not for Police Officer roles.
Derbyshire Constabulary particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as this group is underrepresented within the organisation. It’s a priority for them to have a workforce which reflects the communities we serve
- To uphold the Force’s principles of Doing the right thing, Making a difference and Shaping the future
To provide front of house IS support for IS Service Desk, including, but not exhaustive to:
- To raise IS tickets via our IS Service Desk software
- To accurately input and retrieve data as required
- To gather documents using relevant IT systems
- To deal with enquiries and respond to queries either by email, telephone, in person or via the portal (IS software tool)
- To undertake photocopying, scanning and filing of documents
- To track correspondence and collation of information
- To participate in team meetings
- To attend meetings and complete associated IS tasks as requested
- To monitor and maintain the consumables and supplies ensuring adequate stock levels for our IS Service Desk
- To carry out work with other teams to understand the wider IS Department on a rota basis as required
- To participate in probationary appraisals, undertaking any personal development needs identified through this process
- To undertake the required apprenticeship training and associated qualification work
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths (where applicable)
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
- 24 hour access to course learning materials
- On the job training with a designated mentor
- Reviews every 6 - 8 weeks with your work-based tutor and line manager/mentor
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Good communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- Good attention to detail
Acting with integrity:
- Is trusted and respected by others and is known as someone who does what they say they’ll do. Understands the impact and consequences of doing (and being seen to do) the right thing and is happy to raise concerns and will challenge inappropriate or unethical behaviour
Working with others:
- Works to develop a positive team spirit and appreciates the value how different backgrounds and experience can contribute to team success. Is approachable and inspires others to do their best. Treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a positive, friendly outlook. Appreciates the contributions of others – and lets them know
Problem solving & innovation:
- Uses experience, creativity and common sense to solve problems practically and innovatively. Makes sure they fully understand the problem, its cause and implications. Seeks the input and views of others. Weighs up options to make sure the solution they choose is the most effective and makes good decisions in a timely way
Planning and organising:
- Is clear about their goals and creates plans and processes that are targeted at the right priorities – those that will truly deliver the most value. Copes well with change and uncertainty, knows that it’s not always possible to get the full picture or remove every risk before taking action
Communicating & influencing:
- Presents written and verbal communication in a clear and effective way. Puts across points of view persuasively, but keeps an open mind and is willing to change their position if sound arguments are presented back
- Takes opportunities to improve their skills, knowledge and experience. Gives and seeks constructive feedback to help them and others develop successfully
- Delivers what is needed when promised. Enjoys adding value, knows what needs to be done and stays focused. Identifies issues or obstacles that could prevent or delay getting things done and takes appropriate action
- Knows how they personally support the service we provide to the public. Is absolutely passionate about adding value for the public and internal stakeholders, improving processes and removing unnecessary cost and waste. Understands how their attitude and behaviour impacts on public perception of the service we provide
Operational & technical awareness:
- Keeps well-informed and knows what internal and external factors could impact on our performance. Promotes and pushes activity that improves performance and our service to the public. Is knowledgeable and effective in their area of expertise
- 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above in English and maths
You will attain the Infrastructure Technician standard and Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (where applicable) upon successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This apprenticeship will not start until 7th September 2020.
Once you have received a provisional offer of an apprenticeship, you will be required to undergo a full DBS background check before a formal offer can be made.
Derbyshire Constabulary particularly welcome applications from black, asian and minority ethnic candidates as this group is underrepresented within our organisation. It’s a priority for us to have a workforce which reflects the communities we serve.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and apprenticeship training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About Derbyshire Constabulary
Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to reducing and investigating crime, protecting people and promoting law and order across the county of Derbyshire.
Derbyshire is renowned for being hugely diverse, encompassing the rural areas of the Peak District as well as old mining communities, modern towns and business centres. It is also home to the vibrant and culturally diverse city of Derby.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!