HR Support Level 3 Apprenticeship at Derbyshire Constabulary
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
HR Support Level 3 Apprenticeship
The apprenticeship placement is within the transactional HR function and not for Police Officer roles.
Derbyshire Constabulary particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as this group is underrepresented within the organisation. It’s a priority for them to have a workforce which reflects the communities we serve.
- Provide and effective, quality transactional service across the areas of recruitment, training and post-employment as required
- Contribute to a flexible and resilient service by developing proficiency in multiple disciplines within the transactional service centre
- Provide 1st line HR advice, manage and resolve customer enquiries and requests for service support in line with the relevant Force policies
- Contribute to reports and statistics through maintenance of accurate information and data records
- Take personal responsibility for prioritising workloads in accordance with agreed deadlines and delivery standards
- Prepare, collate and record information across HR, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data within all areas of responsibility
- Contribute to the process of continuous development within HRSSC
- Contorbute to the effective running of the HRSSC by carrying out ad hoc or rostered team tasks as required
- Attend career an job events as and when required this would be occasional evening and weekends
Training to be provided
- Level 3 HR Support occupational standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths (where applicable)
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
- 24-hour access to course learning materials
- On the job training with a designated mentor
- Reviews every 6 - 8 weeks with your work-based tutor and line manager/mentor
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- Competent IT user - Microsoft Office experience
Acting with integrity:
- Is trusted and respected by others and is known as someone who does what they say they’ll do. Understands the impact and consequences of doing (and being seen to do) the right thing, is happy to raise concerns and will challenge inappropriate or unethical behaviour
Working with others:
- Works to develop a positive team spirit and appreciates the value how different backgrounds and experience can contribute to team success. Is approachable and inspires others to do their best. Treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a positive, friendly outlook. Appreciates the contributions of others - and lets them know
Problem solving & innovation:
- Uses experience, creativity and common sense to solve problems practically and innovatively. Makes sure they fully understand the problem, its cause and implications. Seeks the input and views of others. Weighs up options to make sure the solution they choose is the most effective and makes good decisions in a timely way
Planning and organising:
- Is clear about their goals and creates plans and processes that are targeted at the right priorities - those that will truly deliver the most value. Copes well with change and uncertainty, knows that it’s not always possible to get the full picture or remove every risk before taking action
Communicating & influencing:
- Presents written and verbal communication in a clear and effective way. Puts across points of view persuasively, but keeps an open mind and is willing to change their position if sound arguments are presented back
- Takes opportunities to improve their skills, knowledge and experience. Gives and seeks constructive feedback to help them and others develop successfully
- Delivers what is needed when promised. Enjoys adding value, knows what needs to be done and stays focused. Identifies issues or obstacles that could prevent or delay getting things done and takes appropriate action
- Knows how they personally support the service we provide to the public. Is absolutely passionate about adding value for the public and internal stakeholders, improving processes and removing unnecessary cost and waste. Understands how their attitude and behaviour impacts on public perception of the service we provide
Operational & technical awareness:
- Keeps well-informed and knows what internal and external factors could impact on our performance. Promotes and pushes activity that improves performance and our service to the public. Is knowledgeable and effective in their area of expertise
4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English and maths.
You will attain the HR Support occupational standard and Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (where applicable) upon successful completion of your apprenticeship. Once successfully completed you are able to independently register as an Associate Member with the CiPD Institute.
Things to consider
This apprenticeship will not start until 7th September 2020.
Once you have received a provisional offer of an apprenticeship, you will be required to undergo a full DBS background check before a formal offer can be made.
Derbyshire Constabulary particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as this group is underrepresented within our organisation. It’s a priority for us to have a workforce which reflects the communities we serve.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About Derbyshire Constabulary
Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to reducing and investigating crime, protecting people and promoting law and order across the county of Derbyshire.
Derbyshire is renowned for being hugely diverse, encompassing the rural areas of the Peak District as well as old mining communities, modern towns and business centres. It is also home to the vibrant and culturally diverse city of Derby.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.