Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship - Vauxhall at Live True London
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship - Vauxhall
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
- Reception duties
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc.
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in:
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Cutting hair
- Tinting hair
- Styling hair, setting and dressing hair
- Reception duties
Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in our training salon or in your workplace.
Training to be provided
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing skills to develop your competence in hairdressing.
You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work, real hairdressers and real products. Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right.
Instead they are made up of many elements. An intermediate Diploma in Hairdressing which is a work-based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready. This will include the following:
- How to engage with customers
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Reception duties
- Cutting techniques
- Appointment making
- Styling techniques
- Preparation of client
- Colouring techniques
- Product promotion services
- An intermediate Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills qualifications such as Communication and maths if required
- Hairdressing is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative, enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills
- Be well presented in all aspects including clothing, hair and personal hygiene
- Be practical and well organised
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination
- You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a hairdresser or barber
- You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship
Many apprentices are given jobs with the employers they trained with as Junior Stylists, others go onto further studies. Apprentices are often fast-tracked by their employers for promotion to more senior positions.
Things to consider
The apprenticeship programme will take up to 15 - 18 months to complete. During this time you will be expected to attend the academy one day a week and three to four days a week in the salon - you earn while you learn. It is often a fast paced environment. You may be expected to work Saturdays.
About Live True London
Within St. George’s Wharf, opposite Vauxhall Bus Station, Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms is a full service, friendly and cutting edge hairdressers and beauty salon.
Established around the concepts of creativity, authenticity, inspiration and collaboration; we encourage our clients to be totally comfortable to explore what they want collaboratively with one of our talented stylists or therapists.
Offering you a range of top hair stylists, colour experts, beauty therapists and nail technicians, we aim to provide you with a professional and indulgent service. So, whether that’s a simple trim, a polished up-do, a dramatic new colour, a revitalising facial, a Shellac manicure or fabulous lashes – we want to make sure you’ll leave the salon feeling more true to yourself.
We love hair. We love beauty. We love living true to ourselves as brilliant creatives. Be more you, come visit us at LIVE TRUE Vauxhall and Nine Elms.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.