Canine Carer Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Contribute to providing a caring, stimulating and safe environment for all dogs
- Caring and general supervision of the dogs
- Vigilance in supervising their care, well-being and entertainment
- Ensuring a plentiful supply of water
- Ensuring dog waste is removed immediately
- Tending to the dogs thoughtfully, gently and with care
- Feeding the dogs correctly (measured and on time)
- Dealing with any “special needs” dogs, i.e. older dogs or some on medication
- Paying close attention to the notices regarding dogs status such as an injury, recent surgery or allergy
- Careful and efficient monitoring of any changes or differences in dogs behaviour/temperament/condition
- Communicating and working with the team
- General cleaning duties, hoovering, sweeping, mopping, polishing, washing up etc.
- All other miscellaneous duties that may occur on a day to day basis
- Any other reasonable duties as per the needs of the business evolves
- You will answer to and work directly with the Ops Manager
Training to be provided
- Skills, knowledge and behaviours ensuring achievement of the Animal Care and Welfare Assistant apprenticeship
- Level 1 and/or 2 Functional Skills in English and maths depending on prior qualifications achieved
- End Point Assessment
- You will be expected to demonstrate a calm approach
- A natural love of dogs
- A caring and professional approach
- Trustful - Held a position or performed a duty previously which details high levels of trust (at school if this is first position, i.e. prefect, club leader)
- Efficient and thorough, paying attention to detail
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions exactly
- Can prove your reliability, your attendance record must be exemplary
- Highly committed to the dogs wellbeing and happiness
- Friendly face to face manner and personable soft skills
- Capable of communicating clearly with all members of the team
- Pro Active approach
- None required
- Further training and management positions will be available
- Apprentices that excel will be considered
Things to consider
Due to the hours and our location it is essential you have access to your own transport / can ensure you arrive to work on time.
You will need to arrive ready to start for 7.00 and leave after the last dog at 18.00 on working days.
You will be active for most of the day.
We pick up dog mess! We work long shifts, which are very tiring, running around after dogs is physically tiring, you need to be fit!
We are inside and outside in all weathers!
About Harpenden Doggy Day Care Creche LTD
We offer Day Care for dogs (generally whilst people are at work). It is a luxury Unkennelled environment, (resembling a children’s nursery) where dogs play freely together. We have ball pits climbing frames, paddling pools, slides and Wendy houses, plus lots of interactive games for the dogs to play.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!