Dog Carer Level 2 Apprenticeship at The Dog Day Club
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Dog Carer Level 2 Apprenticeship
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Welcoming the dogs and their owners in the morning
- Working within a team to supervise, stimulate and engage the dogs at the day care
- Feeding dogs
- Helping with general cleaning and standards at the day care centre
Training to be provided
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Animal Care and Welfare Assistant:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Good communicator
- Willingness to learn
- A strong team player
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and safely
- Good level of physical fitness
- Most importantly, love dogs
- GCSE grade 9-4 (A*-C) in English and maths or equivalent qualifications
- Have a full, clean, manual driving licence - may need to drive company vehicle
Full-time role opportunity to move into behavioural/training or grooming.
Things to consider
Working outside and plenty of walking in all conditions.
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths (GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent) must achieve a Level 1 and take the test for Level 2 prior to end point assessment.
About The Dog Day Club
Located on a farm with over 200 acres of countryside, we have designed an outdoor/indoor dog day club with an emphasis on fun and safety, allowing your dogs to socialise and play in all weather conditions.
With over 10 years’ experience in dog wellbeing, we pride ourselves on the reputation we have built up within the local area and never compromise on our principles.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.