Broadcast Network Support Engineer Higher Apprenticeship
Network Operations is part of the Media Networks Business Unit of Arqiva. The Network Operations team are responsible for all the networks within Arqiva – global video networks, National IP networks, DAB radio and telemetry networks to name but a few. Network Operations are the backbone of Arqiva and we have to ensure that we maintain the high levels of service our customers expect from us, as all radio and TV programmes have to pass across the networks which we operate and maintain.
This hands-on role will be part of the Network Operations team and is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the team responsible for the day-to-day delivery of TV, Radio and Data content over Fibre, Satellite, Microwave and Internet cloud-based infrastructure. You will provide support to our Network Operations Centres (our first line ‘eyes and ears’) who constantly monitor the networks and our customers’ transmissions to ensure best in class availability and up time.
- In-depth troubleshooting of delivery issues across the network(s)
- Involvement in design decisions for network expansion and new projects
- Network upgrades and enhancements
- Analysis of key systems to deliver improvements in performance and availability using a variety of network monitoring and diagnostic tools
This is an exciting opportunity to combine study with real work-based experience and learning to enable you to gain a Level 5 Apprenticeship in Broadcast and Communications Engineering. Given you will have paid employment status, you will not pay any training costs or tuition fees.
This programme has been specifically designed with specialist employers in this area including Arqiva, the BBC, ITV, BT Group and Sky, and covers all aspects of TV, radio and media systems from capturing content to distributing it to users. The course will provide you with a varied skillset, preparing you for the ever-changing world of broadcast and media, equipping you with the skills you’ll need for a successful career.
Our programme is delivered over 3 years via a block-based learning structure, which means you will spend up to 14 weeks per year at college alongside your fellow apprentices and with full accommodation support from Arqiva whilst at college. You will also attend an Induction course to gain an introduction to our business and our broadcasting infrastructure and attend other relevant technical training required specifically by your role. Outside of these training blocks, you will be able to put your learning into practice in the live working environment.
This role is based at our Emley Moor site, on the outskirts of Huddersfield. Whilst not an essential requirement, holding a driving licence is an advantage.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 A Levels (or equivalent) at Grade C (64 UCAS points); one of which should be Maths, Science or a Technical subject
- 5 GSCEs including Maths and English at Grade C or 4/5
- Experience of working within a team from either school/ college or work based scenarios
- An understanding of IP and networks and willing to expand knowledge in this area
- A genuine interest in networking and the wider media services and broadcasting industry.
- Willing to learn, embrace challenges and develop as the role progresses.
Arqiva is a leading UK communications infrastructure company enabling a vibrant digital economy. We’re the people behind the scenes who make connections happen. We help millions of voices to reach billions of eyes and ears through TV, radio and mobile. And we work with everyone from utility companies to independent radio groups and major broadcasters, such as the BBC, ITV and BskyB. Every day our infrastructure and associated services enable millions of people and machines to connect wherever they are through TV, radio, mobile and machine-to-machine data services. Our advanced networks support the huge growth of connected devices and the ever-increasing demand for data from smartphones to tablets through to connected TVs and smart meters.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Arqiva
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5)