Cyber Security Higher Apprenticeship at BBCTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with BBC
Cyber Security Higher Apprenticeship
The BBC, like other organisations around the world, is targeted by cyber-attacks. Hackers are very attracted to our digital doorstep and they’re trying to break in; we need to ensure that the BBC is a digitally secure place and our content is protected from compromise.
Working across these teams will give you the opportunity to work with a variety of projects and support the teams working on our key products, back office products and systems. There is also the opportunity to work in our Forensics team which is a key function of the Security Operations Centre.
The BBC Information Security team is broken down into 5 departments; Governance, Architecture, Security Operations Centre (SOC), Delivery and Development. You will get chance to work and interact in all these areas. Working in Media City, Salford, you will be taking an active role in the BBC Information Security team; working to maintain and promote all aspects of information security across the organisation. The Info Sec team aim to meet the BBC’s needs whilst adhering to the information security principles of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
Main responsibilities include:
- Helping keep information and systems secure
- Working with different departments across the corporation
- Writing and ensuring compliance with information security related policies
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- Conducting compliance reviews
- Managing information security related risks
- Providing advice, guidance, training, and awareness activities
- Architectural reviews of BBC systems
- Working closely with key areas such as News, our Digital teams, and our Broadcast teams
- Supporting drop in session for technical teams to attend and discuss information security related queries
- Examing computers, mobile devices and internal logs to investigate matters including security breaches, HR and cybercrime incidents. This can be anything from everyday disciplinary issues to suspected incursions by hostile nation states.
- The BBC’s Legal department is frequently asked to produce data for requests under GDPR and as part of litigation. The Forensics team works with them to acquire, filter and produce this data using industry-standard eDiscovery software.
- Many public-facing BBC staff attract a lot of online attention due to their work, so we use Open Source Intelligence techniques (OSINT) to identify areas of weakness that could be exploited by an adversary. We also investigate other online threats to the BBC or its staff, working with the Investigations team.
Are you the right candidate?
- You will have an interest in information and cyber security and how it is applied in a corporate environment
- You will have an interest in technology
- You will be interested in the BBC and its products. On the application form we will ask you about your thoughts of our products
- You will be an excellent problem solver
- You will be keen to learn new skills and be open to different types of work
About the BBC
Be part of something special. Join the BBC.
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. Funded primarily through the television licence fee, the BBC provides audiences in the UK with high quality and distinctive services across television, radio and online. In the UK the BBC provides 10 network television services, 10 network radio services, 46 radio services in the nations and regions of the UK, plus an extensive online presence. The BBC also delivers impartial news and information to audiences around the globe through the World Service.
We’re looking for people to help us deliver award-winning content. The BBC offers work experience, degree schemes and apprenticeships in business, journalism, production and technology.
We’re different from other broadcasters. Funded by the licence fee and guided by a unique set of principles and values. People know us and are passionate about what we do.
You’ll also be making things that are enjoyed by millions. Almost everyone in the UK spends time with our content each week and it feels great to be part of something that reaches so many people.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.