Software Development Degree Apprenticeship - London
A qualification and a career at the same time? That’s a bit like having your cake and eating it, right? But it really doesn’t have to be one or the other. Learning and earning within an apprenticeship means you get both – a qualification and a career.
Amazon offers a range of opportunities to suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations. That is why we believe it is the perfect place to learn new skills. Our Software Teams are crucial in ensuring that we continue to deliver and innovate for customers. We have big plans and want to continue to develop and retain the best talent. Amazon apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and want to start a career now – or possibly retrain in a new direction.
To be successful you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, hands on experience and qualifications given to you.
Software Developer Engineer (SDE) apprenticeship
As an SDE Apprentice you will work with cutting-edge technology, our Software Developers develop critical products for our customers, and offer excellent technical support. Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that delights hundreds of millions of customers around the world. As an SDE Apprentice, you will be on a 48 month fixed term contract working with our software teams in our London office.
You will build your skills over a 48 month period - starting in September that will be delivered through a blend of;
- Classroom based training hosted offsite,
- On-the-job training ,
- Online learning,
- Mentoring from our Software developers.
Alongside extensive development of your technical skills, you will also grow your abilities in crucial complementary areas like organization, prioritization, data analysis and problem solving techniques, teamwork, communication, and presentation skills.
By specializing in Software you should be able to design, build and test high-quality software solutions. You will be aiming to apply engineering principles to all stages of the software development process, from requirements, analysis and design, development and data requirements.
On successful completion will you receive invaluable learning, development and professional experience, you will also gain a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions Professional and you will then be ready to apply for roles in Amazon across the globe.
For applicants to be eligible for government funding you need to:
- Have you lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years
- Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending August 2020 or later
- You will be 18 years old or older before the contract’s start date,
- You will already have coding experience either certified or self-taught,
- You have a deep interest in SD and strong willingness to learn,
- You are able to read, understand and communicate in English,
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines,
- You have a hands-on attitude, flexible, adaptable and proactive,
- You seek - and respond well to - feedback,
- You aim to attain impeccable customer service, excellent customer facing skills.
- 3 A levels including a STEM related subject
- Or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject (180 credits)
- You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
These will be a plus for your career at Amazon but are not necessary to enter the program.
- You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment,
- You are able to demonstrate drive and passion,
- Have an additional language
- The desire to relocate to fulfil your career aspirations
Your recruitment process will start with your online application and once screened to check you meet the basic criteria, you will then be asked to complete an online assessment and video interview. As a last step, we will invite successful candidates to an on-site assessment centre where you will visit the London office, participate in a group exercise, execute a practical exercise and get a chance to present your profile, motivation and skills 1-on-1 during interview and or presentations.
Please note that if you have received educational qualifications outside of the UK then we will require a Statement of Comparability to confirm your eligibility for the scheme. The Statement of Comparability is for people who want to evidence the level of their overseas qualifications in the UK and confirms how your overseas qualifications compare to the UK system. Please check the Naric website to obtain a Statement of Comparability of your qualifications.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!